Pat Politoni

Watched BRE on the weekend and he was sharp, creative and dangerous. I think that he is ready for a shot at first grade and would serve well leaving Fulton in back row……
Having said all that, I don’t think Tim Sheens will put him. We will most likely be Fulton as it’s a high pressure game for the boys…
Oh yeh, other highlights for BRE were;
-John grant 3 first half tries before hurting foot/ankle and leaving the field
-Tom humble

• matt utai
  • Tim simona man of the match

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Living in the country I don’t get to see any of the BRET games unless they are shown mid week on the NSWRL Show on Foxsports, from what I’ve seen and what I’ve read on this forum Mr Sheens should be herded into a locked room and be gently persuaded to give what we’ve already got a run and not keeping pursuing these ‘outside’ options.

I think Politoni has been shown where he stands in regards to first grade when Fulton was selected ahead of him in Farahs first absence. And again with this Iosefa signing talk.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

its ridiculous. why have feeder teams if we never use them? WT is like the australian cricket team, its harder to get out than to get in…

They’ve improved but it’s not like BRET are top of the table…

@Yossarian:

its not like the WT are top of the table either… its also not like every player to pull on a WT has been in spectacular form to deserve his spot either…

we have a suitable replacement for a shrot numebr of games and instead we are looking on the market… :deadhorse:

@mtd:

@Yossarian:

its not like the WT are top of the table either… its also not like every player to pull on a WT has been in spectacular form to deserve his spot either…

we have a suitable replacement for a shrot numebr of games and instead we are looking on the market… :deadhorse:

Yes but you’re talking about replacing players in one struggling team with players from another struggling team from a lower standard comp. Most of the standout players for BRET also appear to have topliners in front of them. Politoni is no chance with Farah available and Chisholm is playing 5/8 for them. There is also a big step up from NSW Cup to NRL. Everybody has their favourites but I’m not totally convinced that many if any of the BRET players will do a better job than the current NRL team. People bag Moltzen and Lote and yeah they’re out of sorts but both players are also experience first graders who have done the job in the past. Maybe Tim Simona would be better than Moltzen is now, I don’t know. I’m not convinced he would be. Sheens obviously feels TM is a better selection for our long term interests.

In any case nobody has been signed at the text in the ST article was that McKinnon’s manager approached WT not the other way around.

look im not suggesting politini replaces farah fulltime because of course he isnt going to… its for 3 matches… i dont see the issue trying him atleast once rather than spending more money on iosefa

@mtd:

look im not suggesting politini replaces farah fulltime because of course he isnt going to… its for 3 matches… i dont see the issue trying him atleast once rather than spending more money on iosefa

Well I agree with that…

The kid is said to be not quite ready yet for NRL and that maybe the case, but on his BRET form where he is running third for their equivalent of the DM award other judges him highly. Probably never be another Farah but has to be better than Fulton and probably Humble.

Sheens could also be worried about the size and ability of the warriors forward pack but all NRL packs are big and hard

@supercoach:

The kid is said to be not quite ready yet for NRL and that maybe the case, but on his BRET form where he is running third for their equivalent of the DM award other judges him highly. Probably never be another Farah but has to be better than Fulton and probably Humble.

Sheens could also be worried about the size and ability of the warriors forward pack but all NRL packs are big and hard

Didn’t David Gower win that award a few years back?

Pat Politoni named in Wests Tigers side to take on Warriors this Fri night! Full side to be posted on > http://weststigers.com.au/ > shortly!

http://www.facebook.com/WestsTigers.com.au

@WestsSupporter:

Pat Politoni named in Wests Tigers side to take on Warriors this Fri night! Full side to be posted on > http://weststigers.com.au/ > shortly!

http://www.facebook.com/WestsTigers.com.au

just beat me to it. 😃

@Yossarian:

@supercoach:

Didn’t David Gower win that award a few years back?

Yeh–And I still think he would have been a very handy bench player for us, lacked a little in size but had skill and a massive ticker. He manages to get on the dragons bench from time to time and they have a never ending supply of forwards coming out of the Gong

Dave gower was a holy cross boy and junior, played fullback…Same with jake marketo at the dragons, i remember watching him at school he was 14 but could hit like a train.

I think shes will make some changes in the middle-end of the season, it dosent make much sense to change a winning team for 1. The fact that we arnt playing the best football goes against younger players on the fringe of first grade, when we get some confidence back in our attacking ability you will see the young speed machines in first grade.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme