Special Parade For Balmain's SG Ball National Champions

The premiership winning Balmain Tigers SG Ball side will be paraded at Leichhardt Oval on Friday, May 18, as part of the entertainment for the Warriors game.

Under the coaching of Andrew Webster, the Tigers lost just one game on the way to delivering the Balmain Tigers their second SG Ball (U18s) title. Their first came 30 years ago.

The Tigers then backed up last Saturday to down Townsville Stingers to win the national U18s title.

This will be an opportunity for Wests Tigers supporters to give the Balmain team a well deserved ovation in front of their home crowd.

yah well done boys great job

Hope the Harold Matthews team are also involved as they also achieved far beyond expectations.
This was a awesome effort from the SG Ball team, enjoyed every bit of their season without actually seeing any of the games thanks to a couple of forum members who kept every one up to date, Flash, Big Damo etc kudos.

In addition to this, the first televised game of the 2012 Schoolboys Cup, between Holy Cross Ryde and Erindale College Canberra, will be played at Leichhardt before the U20s. A few Balmain Matts and SG players are in the Holy Cross team, kickoff is 3:45pm.

I was unable to attend the game but watched it on tv. I thought these young fellows did themselves proud as they formed a guard of honour for both sides. The respect shown for the Warriors in full view of the cameras as they ran on to the field was particularly impressive. The parents of those particular individuals must be so proud.

@Gary Bakerloo:

I was unable to attend the game but watched it on tv. I thought these young fellows did themselves proud as they formed a guard of honour for both sides. The respect shown for the Warriors in full view of the cameras as they ran on to the field was particularly impressive. The parents of those particular individuals must be so proud.

I was in the bar queue at that point and never saw the teams run on. I take it they carried on like absolute pork chops?

@Cultured Bogan:

I was in the bar queue at that point and never saw the teams run on. I take it they carried on like absolute pork chops?

Not all of them, just about 4 or 5 cut out in front of the tunnel and made some ordinary gestures to the camera as the Warriors ran out.

I think it would have only been on the live channel 9 coverage and cut on Fox’s replays.

I thought they were doing the Beau Ryan style “Doggies” to camera.

Must admit I was not paying attention that much

@Gary Bakerloo:

@Cultured Bogan:

Not all of them, just about 4 or 5 cut out in front of the tunnel and made some ordinary gestures to the camera as the Warriors ran out.

I think it would have only been on the live channel 9 coverage and cut on Fox’s replays.

Pull your heads in all they were just doing was the “Doggies” just like Beau Ryan does every Thursday on the Footy Show. I hate people who enjoy finding something to [censored] about when someone has had some success.
I am a parent of one of the boys and am proud of every member of that SG Ball team for the discipline, courage and sportsmanship that they showed throughout the JR Season.

@flash:

@Gary Bakerloo:

@Cultured Bogan:

Pull your heads in all they were just doing was the “Doggies” just like Beau Ryan does every Thursday on the Footy Show. I hate people who enjoy finding something to [automatically edited] about when someone has had some success.
I am a parent of one of the boys and am proud of every member of that SG Ball team for the discipline, courage and sportsmanship that they showed throughout the JR Season.

Ease up Flash, I asked what had happened because I was at the ground and wasn’t in view at the time. I took “ordinary gestures” to mean something offensive (i.e. flipping the bird etc…)

If it was just the “Doggies” gesture I’d hardly find that to be offensive… That just suggests the boys were having a bit of fun in the limelight.

I just wanted to set the record straight as it isn’t fair to suggest that the kids were being offensive, being raised by Gary Backeroo in the first place is what I have an issue with. I didn’t see it on TV either but I have been told that they were just doing what so many Rugby League Supporters at the ground do when they know the TV Camera is on them hoping that it will be shown on the Footy Show. They may well show it on the Footy Show tomorrow night so we can all have a laugh at it.

@flash:

I just wanted to set the record straight as it isn’t fair to suggest that the kids were being offensive, being raised by Gary Backeroo in the first place is what I have an issue with. I didn’t see it on TV either but I have been told that they were just doing what so many Rugby League Supporters at the ground do when they know the TV Camera is on them hoping that it will be shown on the Footy Show. They may well show it on the Footy Show tomorrow night so we can all have a laugh at it.

Frash - Fair enough, but you see I, like many people, don’t watch The Footy Show and hence have no idea.

Not taking anything away from their great achievements, but I thought they looked like Muppets, especially given they only did it for the Warriors.

It’s my opinion, you don’t have to like it, just like I was not a fan of those gestures.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme