Stock market

Do you think the current pullback is a good buying opportunity ?
Or do you think Greece will exit the Eurozone sparking a massive sell off ?

Depends what you are looking for - a quick buck or long term capital growth.

If it is the latter, sure jump in and go along for the ride - sometime in the next decade I am fairly confident you will be at a point where you have made some good gains.

If it’s a quick buck you are after - well, be warned.

The whole Greece situation is going to be far too tumulteous imo

If it happens it will effect almost 25% of Germany’s GDP and will really effect the French ,Spanish and many of the stronger Euro nations

You would really want to be sure of yourself at the moment before sticking your finger in the pie You might get it burnt at the moment and badly if you over stretch yourself

I have been in cash since last August and missed the rally to the end of April. Been waiting for a major pullback to get back in …… If Greece exits the Euro, China falls in a heap and the US recovery falters, we may see a once in a lifetime buying opportunity. Some of the Chartists I follow have been forecasting this for twelve months but so far hasn’t happened. If the market falls back in to the 3800 to 3900 range, that could signal a great opportunity to get back in … Especially in tried and proven blue chips that have stood the test of time.

@Knuckles:

I have been in cash since last August and missed the rally to the end of April. Been waiting for a major pullback to get back in …… If Greece exits the Euro, China falls in a heap and the US recovery falters, we may see a once in a lifetime buying opportunity. Some of the Chartists I follow have been forecasting this for twelve months but so far hasn’t happened. If the market falls back in to the 3800 to 3900 range, that could signal a great opportunity to get back in … Especially in tried and proven blue chips that have stood the test of time.

Your money Knuckles , but I would be sticking it in my pocket at this point in time

But it COULD be a great time to make a motza

I think we could be in for times ahead that really might shake up the world economy for years to come Even proven stocks can suffer

The whole Greece situation is OLLA KALLA

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@alexaki:

It sure ain’t OLLa KALLA (had to ask Greek wife what it meant first 😆 )

I’m guessing the Tigers are OLLA KALLA as well Alexaki 😉

@happy tiger:

@alexaki:

It sure ain’t OLLa KALLA (had to ask Greek wife what it meant first )

I’m guessing the Tigers are OLLA KALLA as well Alexaki

Let’s hope so Happy…

@Centaur:

Depends what you are looking for - a quick buck or long term capital growth.

If it is the latter, sure jump in and go along for the ride - sometime in the next decade I am fairly confident you will be at a point where you have made some good gains.

If it’s a quick buck you are after - well, be warned.

As long as my Win/Loss Ratio is better than the Tigers I’m happy.

I’m very confident we will see huge capital growth over the next 10 years!

I think anyone who tells you they know what’s going to happen is kidding you and themselves. Just have to wait and see I’m afraid.

I work for AMP and we get regular share market updates, and this is today’s ;

Key points to note are:

This year seems to be following the pattern of the last two years with a solid start in share markets followed by weakness commencing around April/May. Europe again is a key driver with fears of an imminent Greek exit from the euro and worries about Spain. Since their highs this year global shares have fallen 8% and Australian shares have fallen by 5.5%.
Key differences compared to the last two years (where share markets fell by around 15-20% from April/May highs) including a stronger US economy (particularly the housing sector which is looking more and more like it is starting to recover), global monetary easing and cheaper share markets hopefully should help limit the downside in shares and should help result in much stronger share markets by year end.

Was cut and paste from an email they sent out …

With all this global uncertain maybe it is better to invest in property for long term growth.

Or go to the TAB.

@everett:

With all this global uncertain maybe it is better to invest in property for long term growth.

Or go to the TAB.

property is going to crash soon. (Soon being 3 or 4 years away)

Once again a pretty ordinary day on the stock market. I think markets will trend lower until the June 17 elections in Greece. The Warren Buffet theory is to get greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy. If Greece exits the euro I think the markets may test their GFC lows from 2009 as Italy and Spain may also end up the same way. We are living through a fascinating time in history.

Well the market was down 100+ points on Friday and is now lower than where we started the year. I think it’s all fear driven as no one really knows what the outcome in Greece will be. Sounds like the anti-austerity party will win but does that mean Greece will leave the Euro and Spain and possibly Italy will follow. I think the markets are factoring in a worse case scenario and if these events don’t happen, we could look back on a great buying opportunity. I guess the old adage is buy in the gloom and sell in the boom.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme