Mid Season recruiting ???

Guys perhaps i am being a little bit harsh but it really astounds me that there is constant talk of the tigers signing blokes during the season.
There are many players that we have tried to sign after our season has got underway , its just seems like we were so badly prepared this year.
I started the Willie Mason thread about early January becuase i thought we looked very light up front , turns out i was 100% correct.
There were reports that we were looking to sign a hooker to cover Farah during the origin period last week , ffs did Sheens and co really think Farah was not a chance of being picked ? I highly doubt it so why the hell wait until now to say “hang on we need another hooker” . :crazy
Then there is the Wade McKinnon comeback apparently on the cards ???
My point is if i can see that we were light on players in certain positions 3 months before kick off why the hell cant our recruitment team :wtf
We were extremely confident going into the year becuase we supposedly had good depth :roll
Sheens has chopped our backline to bits all year and it seems as though he has no confidence in players and you can see CLEARLY this is reflecting in the players performances .uurrgggh i needed to have a good rant but geeezuzz guys we seem such a mess this year . WHY

@pezza103:

My point is if i can see that we were light on players in certain positions 3 months before kick off why the hell cant our recruitment team :wtf

Don’t you read the forum apparently Warren and his “team” are doing a great job !
Sonny Bill will be playing for us soon and don’t forget we have….John Grant and Jack Spencer 😆

Every team recruits on the fly at some point, because you just can’t predict injuries or poor form.

Predict???
Injuries I grant you….you should have depth to cover poor form

We knew we were losing four big boppas (Payten Dwer Gibbs Fafita)

…yet we recruited two.

Poor recruiting, poor coaching, poor team selections…like a player that goes one season too long, it falls apart quickly when you try to extend you time beyong its natural limit

Recruited 2 with the expectation of some reggies stepping up perhaps?

No need to neck yourself because of midseason recruitment.

@LaT:

Some reggies???
But this didnt happen did it…… 😮
Try and stick to what happened…we went for mason but the hoo haa was too loud, so we then went and got Cashy!!

Neck oneself??
Exxageration is compenastion for a lack of valid argument…did you realise that?

@innsaneink:

@LaT:

Some reggies???
But this didnt happen did it…… 😮
Try and stick to what happened…we went for mason but the hoo haa was too loud, so we then went and got Cashy!!

It didn’t happen, but maybe that was the intention. Sounds more plausible then a miscount on big forwards in vs big forwards out.

Neck oneself??
Exxageration is compenastion for a lack of valid argument…did you realise that?

Relax. You don’t need to steamroll every opposing opinion on the WT forum.

I said “neck yourself”, take a breath.

It would be plausible if two reserve graders had been tried and not come up with the goods……
Its called discussion LaT…its how forums work

@LaT:

you seem to be missing my point mate. we have not needed to do this in the past , well i cant remember it . i notice in one of the articles written by Glenn Jackson regarding the recruitment of Ioesfa ( i think thats his name) it mentions something along the lines of sheens not being consulted about the potential signing . :wtf I mean really :wtf :crazy
i just dont get some of the calls being made at our club in 2012

Pezza this is what you wrote.

just seen on fox sports that willie mason is keen to return to the nrl.
do you think the tigers would be interested in signing him ???
personally unless he was signed for a small amount <big>i hope not</big> .
whats your thoughts

You didnt even want Mason. Doesnt sound like someone who thought we were light on in the front row. Time to hand back your hindsight glasses.

@gallagher:

whats your thoughts

You didnt even want Mason. Doesnt sound like someone who thought we were light on in the front row. Time to hand back your hindsight glasses.

yeah mate note how i wrote “unless he was signed for A SMALL AMOUNT i hope not” the key words were small amount because he was also a knee jerk bandaid fix it. :wtf your missing my point champ.

@innsaneink:

It would be plausible if two reserve graders had been tried and not come up with the goods……

Take a step back and realise most of your replies tend to be quite confrontational in its wording and tone.

@LaT:

@innsaneink:

Take a step back and realise most of your replies tend to be quite confrontational in its wording and tone.

Lat just don’t take it as confrontational

He’s just passing his judgement , nothing more nothing less .Don’t worry I did the same at first , now I just throw it back at Ink

I enjoy our banter and its fun trying to outwit him

@pezza103:

@gallagher:

whats your thoughts

yeah mate note how i wrote “unless he was signed for A SMALL AMOUNT i hope not” the key words were small amount because he was also a knee jerk bandaid fix it. :wtf your missing my point champ.

Isnt your point this, that the coaching staff didnt see our lack of depth in the off season???

I cant see you complainging about our lack of depth in positions last January like you claim. Easy to fix things in hindsight legend

footy is a business, and if the company needs to address areas, which are low, and think they can do this mid season then good on them for trying.
no team at season start has any idea of howe injuries may affect them.
if you can pick up a player mid season who can be of some benefit, then why not.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme