TIGER TALK: LOTE TUQIRI

Thursday 17 May 2012 8:03 AM

Wests Tigers winger Lote Tuqiri says the team needs to find its rhythm at Leichhardt Oval on Friday night against the Warriors.

In his weekly Tiger Talk column for the Club in the Campbelltown Advertiser, Tuqiri is confident he can recapture his best form.

LOTE’S LOWDOWN
Friday night footy at Leichhardt Oval…bring it on.

I’m really looking forward to returning to Leichhardt Oval this Friday night for our home match against the Warriors. They are a very big, aggressive side who play with plenty of flair.

The Warriors are travelling along nicely and will be very hard to beat after their strong win over the Roosters at home last Saturday night.

For us, it is all about finding our rhythm again after having last weekend off with the bye. It was nice having some time off from rugby league. It gives you a chance to freshen up and spend some time with your family whilst also getting over any niggling injuries.

But now it is back down to the serious stuff of getting the two competition points to keep our charge up the Telstra Premiership ladder.

We got out of jail in our last match against the Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park thanks to a great field goal in golden point by our captain Robbie Farah. ‘Faffy’ had an awesome game and there is no doubt it helped with his selection in the NSW side at hooker.

Robbie really deserves his position in the Blues line up and I know he will give his all. He will have to, like the rest of his NSW team-mates, if they are going to stop the mighty Maroons from making it seven straight series victories. Go the Maroons!

Anyway, back to Friday night. Fortunately for us, it is at home at Leichhardt…a ground I really enjoy playing at. The atmosphere is always electric and it is a great feeling to run out onto this traditional rugby league ground and see a packed hill. I’m sure it will be no different on Friday.

Hopefully I can pull out a special performance for the Wests Tigers faithful. I will be the first to admit my form has been a little bit inconsistent and I do need to lift. I am confident I can recapture the form of last year and hopefully bag a few tries on the way to a Wests Tigers victory.

Just a reminder too that the annual Wests Tigers Members Day will be held this Sunday at Concord Oval. This is our chance, as players, to say thank you to our valued and loyal Members for their support of the team and to sign autographs and pose for photos with the Members.

If you are not a Member, then give the Wests Tigers Membership team a call as there are still some great membership opportunities available.

like to see him play like he did in 2010.
this may be his last season at wests-tigers.
nothing would please us fans more than to see Lote ripping apart the opposition, and making those great runs down side lines.
we can only watch, its up to him to perform.

@westTAHger:

like to see him play like he did in 2010.
this may be his last season at wests-tigers.
nothing would please us fans more than to see Lote ripping apart the opposition, and making those great runs down side lines.
we can only watch, its up to him to perform.

Would be nice,but Sheens stupid team selections makes this an almost impossible mission,in 2010 Benji was 6 and Rowdy at left centre feeding him,now Benji is 7 and Rowdy at 6,makes you cry to see what Sheens is doing to a great side.

Not sure why Lote says his form has been “a little inconsistent”……he’s been very consistent this season. Absolutely terrible EVERY week :slight_smile:

Hopefully the big fella has got something left.

@cnx_tigers:

Not sure why Lote says his form has been “a little inconsistent”……he’s been very consistent this season. Absolutely terrible EVERY week

Hopefully the big fella has got something left.

Harsh way to put it lol

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme