Tries you could watch again and again

I’d like to pick out a few of my favourites of all time

Wests Tigers
Toddy Payten’s try in 2005 GF

Rowdy’s try v Melbourne 24/4/2009 Best 40th present I got (Sorry Wife and Kids)

SOO
Mark Coyne Goes without saying one of the greatest match winning tries ever

Wally Lewis 2nd game 1989 With our troops diminuishing by the moment the King scores one of the best SOO tries beating noted defenders Chris Mortimer and Garry Jack

Test Football

2nd Test 1990 Mal Meninga Many hate Ricky Stuart but his gutbusting run in extra time to set up big Mal who shoulders to Poms out of the way to score a series saving try

3rd Tests 1982 Mal again Wally Lewis 35 metre cut out pass to hit Big Mal was one of the best I have seen

Steve Gearin in 1980 grand final - bulldogs - v - roosters.

Mark O’Neill in 2005 in finals match against broncos

any try tommy raudonikis scored for wests - magpies.

Last year v souths can’t remember what round. Scrum on the 40 metre line and benji dances and steps his way to the stripe all on his own. Magic

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Benji’s try against Cronulla at Shark Park where he sidestepped half their side before throwing a no look pass to Pat Richards who offloaded to Fitzy to score;

Benji’s Grand Final flick pass to set up Pat Richards;

Benji’s flick pass to put Ayshford in the corner against the Eels in 2009;

Chris Lawrence smoking Billy Slater down the sideline at Leichhardt in 2009;

Lote Tuqiri flying down the sideline against the Raiders in the 2010 semi-final in Canberra;

I could go on and on…

I could watch the King in the 89 SOO every day and still feel proud…

Rowdy on Debut vs Brisbane and against Melbourne in 09 at Leichhardt…

TNT had a few also…

but my all time favourite was DL in the 2006 SOO decider!

Is it too much ask that we score a memorable try tonight that will live in all of our memories forever

was always impressed by izzy folau’s tries and in recent times jharal yow yeh

@Tiger Watto:

I could watch the King in the 89 SOO every day and still feel proud…

Rowdy on Debut vs Brisbane and against Melbourne in 09 at Leichhardt…

TNT had a few also…

but my all time favourite was DL in the 2006 SOO decider!

TNT 's try against the Titans at Skilled when he ran over half the Titans side in a 60 metre rampage comes to mind Watto

Liam Fulton’s try Vs Newcastle in 2007.
IMO one of our best tries ever.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Stacy Jones’ try in the 2002 grand final
Nathan Blacklock’s try in the 1999 grand final
Jarryd Hayne in game 1 of 2007 origin
Richards’ try in the 2005 grand final
Brad Fittler’s try in game 3 of 2004 origin

Sirro’s try in the 89 Grand Final.
Brett Mullins two length of the field tries against Newcastle in 1994.
Shaun Timmins try in game 2 of the 2000 Origin series where he chipped ahead and regathered with reflexes the rebound off Lockyer to score.
Matt Gidley’s try in game 3 of the 2000 Origin series where the ball went through at least a dozen sets of hands from a scrum 40m up field to complete the Maroons humiliation on full time.

And I know he played for Manly but almost any try Cliff Lyons had a hand in, his soft hands and deft, late passing was superb.

hayne’s try against the dragons in '09. very memorable.

@willow:

Benji’s try against Cronulla at Shark Park where he sidestepped half their side before throwing a no look pass to Pat Richards who offloaded to Fitzy to score;

Lote Tuqiri flying down the sideline against the Raiders in the 2010 semi-final in Canberra;

I could go on and on…

Aye those first 4 are my top 4 too. #1 and #3 especially are in my opinion two of the best individual efforts of movement and passing I have ever seen.

Special mention in this thread for TNT with his flick pass receipt from Benji vs Warriors (2008) and his sideline steamroller vs Titans (2007?).

Most of my favourites have already been mentioned, but I have to say Kevin Gordon’s hail mary gather on the sideline last year was phenomenal in recent memory.

Billy Slater, Origin game 2 in 2004 with his chip and chase.

@willow:

I could go on and on…

Goosebumps on this one -

I distinctly remember the first piece of commentary on that play as I leapt from the lounge screaming - “Here’s Lawrence… For the win!” and also remember riding it home in my lounge room - much to my wife’s disgust I might add (Love you darl!) and then the replay showed the boys on the bench doing the exact same thing I was doing.

“Your not there, you aren’t playing!” has now become an argument statement of folklore in our house… having said that, she deafened me at the Penrith game when Loti mummied to noone and Moltzen scored…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme