WESTS TIGERS CRUSH WARRIORS 54-12 IN BEST WIN OF SEASON

WESTS TIGERS CRUSH WARRIORS 54-12 IN NYC IN BEST WIN OF SEASON
By Wayne Cousins

Friday 18 May 2012 5:27 PM
WESTS TIGERS CRUSH WARRIORS 54-12 IN NYC IN BEST WIN OF SEASON

Wests Tigers sent a strong premiership warning to their rivals tonight with an outstanding 54-12 victory over the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval in the NYC competition.

In a match Wests Tigers controlled from the outset, the home side outclassed the defending premiers in all areas to lead 32-6 at half-time.

It was the finest win of the season for Coach Todd Payten and his superb young team.

Wests Tigers opened the scoring in the 2nd minute when five-eighth Curtis Sironen showed the ball in a crossfield run before straightening up to slice through three defenders before taking two more defenders over the line to score next to the posts.

Full-back Manaia Rudolph converted the try for a 6-0 lead.

A few minutes later the Wests Tigers were in again when they broke down the left side. It was finished off by Manaia Rudolph. He converted his try to give his side a 12-0 lead after 9 mins.

The Warriors opened their account when five-eighth Carlos Tuimavave sliced his way through out wide to score. The try was converted for a 12-6 scoreline to Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers extended their lead to 16-6 when centre Asipeli Fine finished off a backline play in the 20th minute. Rudolph failed to convert the try.

Rudolph then showed his pace when he fielded a grubber kick on his own goal line to race the length of the field to score near the posts in the 27th minute for a 20-6 lead. Rudolph converted his own try for a 22-6 lead.

Sironen scored his second try in the 33rd minute when he dummied his way across the field to slice through from 10 metres out for a 26-6 lead. Rudolph failed to convert the try.

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma then virtually climbed his way over two defenders in the final minute to score in the corner. Rudolph converted the try to give Wests Tigers a dominating 32-6 lead at half-time. The hone side left to a standing ovation from supporters.

2nd Half
Wests Tigers started the second half strongly with Rudolph scoring his second try in the 47th minute. He converted the try for a 38-6 lead.

The Warriors got their second try through winger David Fusitua in the 58th minute. The try was converted by half-back Mason Lino for a 38-12 scoreline.

The onslaught continued from Wests Tigers when powerful second-rower Sausao Sue broke the line to brush off defenders to score an individual try. Rudolph converted for a 44-12 scoreline after 63 minutes.

Nofoaluma grabbed his second try when he planted the ball down in the right corner in the 66th minute after the ball went through the backline. Rudolph failed to convert the try to leave Wests Tigers leading 48-12.

Exciting Fijian winger Marika Koroibete then showed his blistering pace in a 60 metre run to score behind the posts in the 69th minute. Rudolph converted the try to give Wests Tigers a 54-12 scoreline.

Wests Tigers team
1. Manaia Rudolph
2. Marika Koroibete
3. Brad Soe
4. Asipeli Fine
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Curtis Sironen
7. Jacob Miller
8. Nathan Brown
9. Ben Saunders
10. Kyle Lovett
11. Joel Luani
12. Sauaso Sue
13. Brenden Santi

Interchange
14. Soni Paasi
15. Mosese Fotuaika
16. Inno Inosesio
17. Sitaleki Akauola

These boys just go from strength to strength. Another great performance from Rudolph, Koro, Siro and Miller

Koro’s try up the sideline in the 2nd half was incredible

How did Miller and or Sironen go

We may need them in the next few weeks imo at either 6 or 7

@happy tiger:

For mine and I have not always been a fan but Miller is a great young half in the making. He leads the team around the paddock very well and his kicking game (apart from the attempted drop goal) was on the mark all night. He will be a very good first grade half back in years to come. I think he needs a run in the side and be able to play his natural game. It would take time but the results would be worth it.

Sironen will as others stated end up a running back rower. He has great ball skills and very good short kicking game. I think he needs more games this year to get his defence right after coming back from a shoulder injury. For a player in only his 3rd game all year he was very good.

In short I would try to fit Miller into the NRL side at the moment. Both will be very good NRL players in the years to come. Hope we keep them both (have heard a number of clubs are after Miller).

@alex:

These boys just go from strength to strength. Another great performance from Rudolph, Koro, Siro and Miller

Koro’s try up the sideline in the 2nd half was incredible

The whole side played very well. I really like Koroibete he is a fantastic talent. I think Miller was the best player tonight with Sironent slightly behind. Ruldoph was also very good.

The forwards do not get the wraps they should they lay a great platform for the backs to work with. I think Brenden Santi and Sauaso Sue were the pick of the forwards but the whole 17 played very well. This side I think is the most talented and well coached 20’s Tigers side I have seen.

Hope these young men are signed up for a few years !

Was a joy to watch last night.
A great young team. :righton:

@happy tiger:

They play really well together. Siro is great out wide, and Miller provides the direction and right choices in the middle of the field. The whole team just looks like a very well-oiled machine.

Siro has some great creativity about him, and Rudolph at the back provides that extra dimension. Each week I see Miller it reaffirms how well he would fit into our first grade squad.

They both have great passing games too which was on show last night.

We might be real deal our 20’s.

Didn’t even know we were leading comp.

We were getting dominated in tackle early but we seem to play a very structured way in attack which works towards our strengths. I just hope we can keep some of them, our 2 wingers are 1st class and I am loving the way Santi plays in middle of park

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme