Benji's flick passes drive me insane

Look I don’t want to spoil our victory but Benji’s flick passes were almost fatal to us tonight they cost us one try

Sheens should fine him $5 k for every one that doesn’t come off Then Sheens can send me the check to replace the TV because it is going to get forcibly ripped from the wall one of these days

They have almost become predictably unpredictable now

Am i standing on sacred ground here or do others agree ??

imo he is controlling em nicely, the two he did today werent that good but i think this was his first one in 2-3 games. he had a massive game though.

Gus and Rabbits would have nothing to get excited about though Happy

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

100% agree he needs to settle down in those situations and just play the percentages.

They are a 1 in 10 type play. Incredibly low percentage.

Thankfully for us, one came off in the GF :slight_smile:

But we’ve paid for it 100 times since……

His passing in general is driving me insane….RUN IT BENJI!!!

@Alf Duguid:

What are you talking about? Gus and Rabs don’t need Benji’s passes to get excited when they’ve got Keefy…

if he brings that kicking game to every match then he can flick all day long.

anyway, it wasn’t him who drops them. :slight_smile:

@Stripes96:

@Alf Duguid:

What are you talking about? Gus and Rabs don’t need Benji’s passes to get excited when they’ve got Keefy…

Touché. Well played

reddy didnt anticipate the play. its his mistake not benji’s, the ball was close enough. i think joel will learn from this mistake tonight. the flick is crucial not only because its keeps the play alive but it also turns the direction of the game, for instance - that the opposition is not in in a structured defensive position they they have practised during the week in anticipation of benji pulling of a flick pass. And thirdly its a natural ability and it should be encouraged for the person that can. in our case - benji can. But i hear ya happy. but i say “dont amputate his soul” - Al Pacino - Scent of a Woman. Luitenant Colonel Frank Slade. Why cant we reverse the role and get the rest of the team to anticipate this play. it should be in the play book somewhere.

Joel Reddy is not Pat Richards.

Benji needs to realise that guys like Joel, Lawry and Utai simply don’t have good hands. So, don’t try the flick to those blokes. They aren’t going to magically turn into Mark Waugh like slip fielders and grab everything. They are who they are. A no look flick to Reddy or Utai has about 10% chance of being caught.

The team should no his flicks and kicks by now so i dont blame him. What worries me is that he seems to have lost alot of speed but i do recall this time last year it was the same deal then he lost a bit and gained his pace

@Tigerspirit:

The team should no his flicks and kicks by now so i dont blame him. What worries me is that he seems to have lost alot of speed but i do recall this time last year it was the same deal then he lost a bit and gained his pace

You would need go go gadget arms to catch his flick passes tonight

@stryker:

His passing in general is driving me insane….RUN IT BENJI!!!

true dat

Im hapy to sacrifice the 2 out of 10 that come off to not see the 8 that fail. Put it away Benji

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme