Smart Sheensy!

Look, I know there has been times when sheens has carried a back on the bench it hasn’t really come off, (although I certainly don’t believe it has cost us a game) but tonight his decision to do so arguably won us the game!
Utai came on and was fantastic, made great runs, scores an important try and towards the end took an awesome take on our try line which I think was one of the plays of the game!
It doesn’t cost us games when sheens carries a back, but it definitely got us a win tonight

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Utai works because you can utilise him as a third prop.

The bench selection was still poor and relied on Woods and KG to play huge minutes.

Had Lawrence stayed on the pitch, we were stuffed. We were completely lost until Ayshford moved into pivot and Moltzen started chiming in at the back.

@Cultured Bogan:

The bench selection was still poor and relied on Woods and KG to play huge minutes.

Had Lawrence stayed on the pitch, we were stuffed. We were completely lost until Ayshford moved into pivot and Moltzen started chiming in at the back.

Sums it up perfectly

If Matt Utai is the back on the bench for the rest of the year I won’t complain about the bench selection again. At least Utai can make an impact on the game and get us moving again if we’re doing it tough. There’d be no reason for Utai to sit on the bench for 70 mins, waiting for an injury or just to get a courtesy 5 minutes at the end. I find it hard to believe last night was only his 150th game. He’s been around forever.

@Cultured Bogan:

mmm maybe Ashford may find himself at 5/8 next week???

We won in spite of the coach yet again imo.

Everyweek we tend to play 15 vs 17.

Hope Utai reatins that spot on the bench for rest of year though.

Yep … Great team effort from top to bottom.
Now for the Cowboys :slight_smile:

@Defiant:

We won in spite of the coach yet again imo.

Everyweek we tend to play 15 vs 17.

Hope Utai reatins that spot on the bench for rest of year though.

Sorry to say i think this is the case. We only got going in the second half after Lawrence went off getting him out of the halves. Hardly a coincidence

@Cultured Bogan:

i thought we up the speed of our go forward when politoni came on good ploy by sheens

Yeh the difference a real hooker made was remarkable and very notable, agree Barry

I agree with many of the posts that say we were better in the second half, this is my whole point, of sheens didn’t use the tactic of keeping a back on the bench lastnight would not have happend… Agree with everyone in how much better we looked second half…

Side note, I have plenty of time for humble plays hard has a dig and got good skills too

our speed did increase when Pat was at dummy half… he can rip it out with speed, and also puts it in the right spot!

Without taking anything away from Humble, I wish he got more game time!

@Cultured Bogan:

Exactly,it wasn’t smart coaching it was lucky,we won again inspite of the coach,Rowdy is not a 5/8th,we were lost in the first half,I wonder what super coach will do now,surely this is the end of Rowdy at 6.

we won who cares…i agree with you tiger logic.

3years in a row will silence the armchair critics

Yes i agree with Tigerlogic as well, even when we win Sheens gets bagged, even though Rowdy isnt a 5/8 his defence was very good while he was on the field last night.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme