HAVE WE CHANGED CODES?

After watching that last game, one would believe that we have changed codes and are now a rugby union side all we seem to do is kick kick and more kicking. I think Benji has forgotten that he is the best runner of the ball. I think that the changes that Sheens has done to the side in the halfs is killing this team, when we do run the ball it looks terrible no one knows if they are to get the ball it all looks disjointed.
Having said that it was good to get the win BUT PLEASE PUT BENJI BACK TO 5/8 AND HUMBLE BACK TO 1/2 BACK.

Agreed, Humble at half will alow Benji play his best footy. He is at his best when he runs the ball. Its great to see his kicking game is great but now we want his running game back!

We played our best game all year with no Farah and benji was at halfback so why switch him back he will do well their guiding young Sironen after origin

@boonboon:

We played our best game all year with no Farah and benji was at halfback so why switch him back he will do well their guiding young Sironen after origin

We are yet to play a complete quality 80 min game yet, our best footy was the first 65 mins of the parra game

@dermo:

@boonboon:

We are yet to play a complete quality 80 min game yet, our best footy was the first 65 mins of the parra game

I disagree, Parramatta offered nothing in attack, were defensively weak and made us look good. We played well, but a number of those tries were terrible defensive errors by the Eels.

Friday night we really rallied hard, changed momentum of the game, rolled over a much bigger pack and kept the pressure on a very skillful side. Much better win, and I agree with Boonboon, why would you change it after such a great effort?

the reason u would change it is, if our forwards can dominate the warriors and we have a back line like last year going forward how much better would we be. as it is benji is not setting the backline alight other than with kicks. surely u can not be happy with the way tha backline is going.

We haven’t changed codes , we just have a dysfunctional backline at the moment

I think its more about the way teams play,its all about playing the game at the other end of the field and backing you defense to force a mistake. I must admit the old mid field bomb on a wish and a prayer is getting a little over done

@bp tiger:

After watching that last game, one would believe that we have changed codes and are now a rugby union side all we seem to do is kick kick and more kicking. I think Benji has forgotten that he is the best runner of the ball.

Sorry, was I watching a different game on Friday? The one I saw featured one half of utterly dreadful football where the Tigers were completely clueless in attack, ran side to side ineffectually then kicked the ball straight to the oppo full back. The second half I saw featured a disciplined Tigers side controlling the game, scoring two tries and earning several repeat sets off the back of a good kicking game. The second half - in case you were wondering - was much, much better.

I assume your suggested tactics are “make a line break or two every set - y’know, just go on and do it”. Personally I’d rather see the Tigers playing more of the game in the oppo half as it tends to be easier to score when you’re there.

@2041:

@bp tiger:

After watching that last game, one would believe that we have changed codes and are now a rugby union side all we seem to do is kick kick and more kicking. I think Benji has forgotten that he is the best runner of the ball.

Sorry, was I watching a different game on Friday? The one I saw featured one half of utterly dreadful football where the Tigers were completely clueless in attack, ran side to side ineffectually then kicked the ball straight to the oppo full back. The second half I saw featured a disciplined Tigers side controlling the game, scoring two tries and earning several repeat sets off the back of a good kicking game. The second half - in case you were wondering - was much, much better.

I assume your suggested tactics are “make a line break or two every set - y’know, just go on and do it”. Personally I’d rather see the Tigers playing more of the game in the oppo half as it tends to be easier to score when you’re there.

Hard to argue with that 2041. I saw a much more fluid effort in the second half and we caught glimpses of the kicking game we have been lacking. If Benji can kick like that for the rest of the year I’d be happy. Mind you, it requires a concerted effort from our backline which happened to click into gear at the same time as well.

Benji’s short kicking game was a lot better against NZ than it has been and he controlled the game very well from 1/2. Whether it was a because he switched from 5/8 I dont know. I prefer his game without the rushes of blood he sometimes gets. If he can play like that at 5/8 I would be very happy.

@WestsSupporter:

Agreed, Humble at half will alow Benji play his best footy. He is at his best when he runs the ball. Its great to see his kicking game is great but now we want his running game back!

I’m no expert but yeah, I agree, Benji is at his best at second receiver looking to set up 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 situations and exploiting them

Benji is in No win situation, last year againest Warriors we lost game because he did choose right play at time ( to kick) now he wins game by controlling game with kicking game.

I do agree that Benji needs to run the ball.

What I would like happen is to half Benji at Half and Humble at 5/8 this would allow Benji to swap from 1st reciever to 2nd Reciever when ever he wants to, at present I feel he just cannot do that with Lawrence at 5/8 due to Lawrence not being ball player who isn’t a 1st reciever

Just my 2 cents

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme