Father / Son rule

Just brought up on the Roast about having Fathers and Son play for the same state and same clubs

I think it is a good idea If Dad played for Qld , son plays for Qld

If Dad played originally for the Tigers ,son plays for the Tigers

Brings a bit of loyalty and family influence back into the game which is sadly needed in this day and age where contracts are little better than toilet paper in my opinion

I think it’s a nice sentiment Happy, however I don’t think it would work. What happens if the son is not cutting it or there are no opportunities at the club his father played at? They could be languishing in state cup when they could be playing firsts for another team. Junior Jnr for example might not have turned into the footballer he is now if he didn’t take the opportunity at the Roosters.

yeah I’m on board with that idea too, at least for SOO. Mark Coyne saying that his son didn’t like the idea of playing for the Blues in Aus tag was it?

@AJ*:

I think it’s a nice sentiment Happy, however I don’t think it would work. What happens if the son is not cutting it or there are no opportunities at the club his father played at? They could be languishing in state cup when they could be playing firsts for another team. Junior Jnr for example might not have turned into the footballer he is now if he didn’t take the opportunity at the Roosters.

Not saying they have to stay there , but it would be nice sentiment if they could start there , or even given first option at that club

@happy tiger:

@AJ*:

Not saying they have to stay there , but it would be nice sentiment if they could start there , or even given first option at that club

Or given some sort of salary cap incentive? The AFL has something similar so that sons of players who meet a minimum eligibility are able to bypass the draft.

@happy tiger:

Just brought up on the Roast about having Fathers and Son play for the same state and same clubs

Brings a bit of loyalty and family influence back into the game which is sadly needed in this day and age where contracts are little better than toilet paper in my opinion

So Mat Rogers should have played for NSW?

@Yossarian:

@happy tiger:

He can as of now Yoss , seeing that you and I sorted it out 😆

@Tigerdave:

yeah I’m on board with that idea too, at least for SOO. Mark Coyne saying that his son didn’t like the idea of playing for the Blues in Aus tag was it?

Im guessing he lives in NSW…whinging QLDers

@happy tiger:

@Yossarian:

@happy tiger:

He can as of now Yoss , seeing that you and I sorted it out 😆

Does Mat have any sons? Seeing as though we’re retrospectively making Mat a Blue his kids will need to be forced to play for NSW… At gunpoint if need be!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme