Top eight - momentum

Happy to be back in the top 8 after the round …

Nth qld then Canberra.

Realistically we could add another 4competition points

Well done tigers. Heading in the right direction…

Definitely happy to be where we are after te first 6 weeks we had. There’s a gap between the top 5 and us so although we surged back into the top 8 quickly, we won’t break top 4 unless we win them next 4 straight as a minimum.

I guess all that matters is where we end up and that we’re improving at the moment.

I think we will be around 5th when we go into our bye but so happy were back in the 8 at one stage we looked useless in 15th lol.

No suprise for mine. Credit to Sheens and the boys to get their heads back above water.
Still so much improvement still in the team.

Hopefully we can hold our position in the 8 and get our spine (actually our whole lineup) settled over the next month.
Can only see better things to come, but they need to keep treading water until things start to click as it only takes 2 or 3 losses to be back under water and struggling for air.

Go the Tigers.

To be playing pretty average football and still be in the 8 is certainly a great thing

@Tbone:

Definitely happy to be where we are after te first 6 weeks we had. There’s a gap between the top 5 and us so although we surged back into the top 8 quickly, we won’t break top 4 unless we win them next 4 straight as a minimum.

I guess all that matters is where we end up and that we’re improving at the moment.

We are playing the cowboys this week, they are on 14 points and coming 3rd… We’re on 12 points…

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Would certainly like to see us beat the cows and the raiders… then go into the storm game with 6 wins on the trot with confidense building…

Go you tigers!!!

@Tiger_Al:

Would certainly like to see us beat the cows and the raiders… then go into the storm game with 6 wins on the trot with confidense building…

Go you tigers!!!

Keep in mind that’s a one-legged Melbourne team we’ll be up against. No Slater, Cronk or Smith.

We’re the only side the play Melbourne without those 3 players, incredibly lucky. It’s an away game, so still not a walk in the park, but definitely makes a win seem achievable.

@smeghead:

To be playing pretty average football and still be in the 8 is certainly a great thing

Yeah I guess its better now this way, rather than have been playing great and then play average like this heading into semis

Momentum is the word alright

Its odd in almost eevery season we seem to need to hit rock bottom the provide the kick start we need.
The souths SCG game a few years come to mind, Parra recently

@mitch2040:

@Tbone:

We are playing the cowboys this week, they are on 14 points and coming 3rd… We’re on 12 points…

3rd to 6th place is 14 points but our problem is we have the worst points differential in the 8. Having said that I’ll take a 1 point win over a loss. We just need one solid hit out where the boys cut loose. Points differential could play a huge role at the end of this season.

@innsaneink:

@smeghead:

Yeah I guess its better now this way, rather than have been playing great and then play average like this heading into semis

Momentum is the word alright

Its odd in almost eevery season we seem to need to hit rock bottom the provide the kick start we need.
The souths SCG game a few years come to mind, Parra recently

knight game in '09 iirc.
as obvious as it is, we need to find the correct combo, not just in the halves, but on the flanks, in the forwards, at the back and in the interchanges as well. atm, it’s all just jumbled up.

@Forty20:

@mitch2040:

@Tbone:

3rd to 6th place is 14 points but our problem is we have the worst points differential in the 8. Having said that I’ll take a 1 point win over a loss. We just need one solid hit out where the boys cut loose. Points differential could play a huge role at the end of this season.

It’s only 2competition points the difference, but they all have a bye up their sleeve which is a guaranteed 2 comp points. Then the for and against is also 30+ points. So we have to make up 4 points and a lot of F and A to crack the 4.

Either way, the ladder is just a point in time. It all changes very quickly. Form and momentum are more important provided we are in a decent position.

It would be great to win the nextv2 games after the last month we’ve had.

Nice to be on the good side of the 8

Cowboys game should give us a better idea where we are at. The Warriors game was a good test, this game will be a better test. Still think we are light years away from where we should be, but that is not a bad thing, take the Sharks have been punching well above their weight now their is only one way they can go and that is down.

Still wish Sheens would pick the best 17 players available in their best positions, every week he has a different slant on things. One week Lawrence is the next Daley and this week it is Aysford but negatives aside our defense is looking better every week

Good to be there at the moment , but it will only take 1 or 2 slip ups to be sitting back in 12th again We need to stay focussed over the next month

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme