New Finals Format

I know this is a bit silly, but it’s very interesting all the same. I’ve been looking at the ladder every week, and seeing how much better the new finals system is to the old. This week is the best example to date.

If the competition ended todya and the finals started on Friday night:

McIntyre System:
Manly vs Cronulla
North Queensland vs Souths
Brisbane vs Canterbury
Melbourne vs Wests

New system:
Melbourne vs Manly
Cronulla vs Wests
Brisbane vs North Queensland
Souths vs Canterbury

The quality of games in the new format is extraordinary, while in the old system it’s really the Manly vs Cronulla game that would be really good. I cannot wait for this September, I don’t think people realise just yet how much better the Finals are going to be because of this change.

i prefer the mcintyre system tbh. i think its more exciting. IMO all the NRL needed to do was fix the home ground advantage fiasco that always happened in week 2 of the mcintyre system, which wouldve involved simply giving the home ground to the higher ranked team, regardless of whether they won or lost in week 1

@Bismark:

I know this is a bit silly, but it’s very interesting all the same. I’ve been looking at the ladder every week, and seeing how much better the new finals system is to the old. This week is the best example to date.

McIntyre System:
Manly vs Cronulla
Brisbane vs Canterbury
Melbourne vs Wests

New system:
Melbourne vs Manly
Cronulla vs Wests
Souths vs Canterbury

The quality of games in the new format is extraordinary, while in the old system it’s really the Manly vs Cronulla game that would be really good. I cannot wait for this September, I don’t think people realise just yet how much better the Finals are going to be because of this change.

Wests are not in the NRL, unless you mean Wests Tigers

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@The Phantom:

sigh. I’m an old Balmain fan, I called all the teams by their first names. Let go already.

@Bismark:

@The Phantom:

sigh. I’m an old Balmain fan, I called all the teams by their first names. Let go already.

with that logic we must be playing Norths this week

@The Phantom:

@Bismark:

@The Phantom:

Another joker or just a nuffie?
We are wests or the tigers.
Had he called us balmain or the magpies then he would have been incorrect.
Smarten up son!

Btw with that logic we would be calling them North Queensland

@The Phantom:

@Bismark:

McIntyre System:
Manly vs Cronulla
Brisbane vs Canterbury
Melbourne vs Wests

New system:
Melbourne vs Manly
Cronulla vs Wests
Souths vs Canterbury

Wow, being corrected on how to refer to our own team. Calling them Wests on their own means the same as calling them the Tigers on their own. GET OVER IT!!!

@The Phantom:

@Bismark:

@The Phantom:

You sure have a great sense of logic. Their first name is NTH QLD :crazy :crazy :crazy

I’ve always liked this format more. I think if the interstate teams make the top 4 (Which is very likely), it is going to be very difficult for teams outside the top 4 to make the decider.

The top 2 will have two home games, no matter what happens in week 1, they will get a home game in week one, and if they lose, home semi the following week. If they win then they will have a home prelim.

Also 3rd and 4th will have a home game after week 1 as well, either a home semi the following week if they lose or a home prelim if they win.

So imagine if Melbourne and Brisbane finish top 2…

Phantom to call nth qld Norths we will have to start referring to wests tigers as “W” that would be difficult to chant on the hill!!!

Just call em the Cowbees

This new system is 10 x better than McIntyre. I agree with Bismark.

@GNR4LIFE:

@The Phantom:

@Bismark:

@The Phantom:

You sure have a great sense of logic. Their first name is NTH QLD

I think some people on here need to grow up seriously get over the whole name bullshit and move on

McIntyre System has always been stupid. Do you know that it’s entirely possible that you could go through a whole finals series with it and not have a SINGLE game featuring two teams in the top 4? With the system they’ve reverted back to, you get two right off the bat. Also, every game has a definitive outcome and consequence for the following week.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme