McKinnon and Iosefa set to sign for Tigers

Plenty of noise that both will sign as early as today.
If this happens after Sheens saying we definately didn’t want McKinnon and then talking up Politini as our replacement hooker it makes you wonder what our players must be thinking.

What ever , iosefa will be Politinis back up for NSW cup ……that’s about it

If they sign Wade McKinnon I would like to see him perform in NSW Cup before he plays NRL again …I not stick with Moltz , he is confidence player , when he has it he is outstanding .

Also by if McKinnon comes into the side as fullback , it will allow Moltz to play in the halfs if required , which in turns allows humble to
Be the back up hooker which he kinda already is …

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

I tentatively support signing McKinnon, but only on match payments. The guy has the skills we need there. He is safe under the high ball, great support player, and marshalls the backline. If his hammies weren’t completely rooted, I’d be ecstatic.

Iosefa could play half in a pinch too should Marshall ever be injured for an extended period, having said this we are already spoilt for choice in hookers and halves which our coach doesn’t already utilise so I don’t see why we’d sign another.

Iosefa i can understand but to bring back Wade McKinnon not even 12 months after suggesting he was free to look elsewhere is bizarre to say the least. This however does show significant lack of faith in Tim Moltzen. Now even though Moltzen hasn’t been anywhere near great at fullback i would’ve liked to have seen them either stick with him as they have or even hand it to Beau Ryan, given Utai is fit again. If not that option i would’ve preferred Sean Meaney or even Manaia Rudolph ahead of McKinnon. Surely our money can be better spent elsewhere.

Josh Massoud from the Tele tweeted it , plus it’s been talked about on a few other forums I believe

@Cultured Bogan:

I tentatively support signing McKinnon, but only on match payments. The guy has the skills we need there. He is safe under the high ball, great support player, and marshalls the backline. If his hammies weren’t completely rooted, I’d be ecstatic.

Iosefa could play half in a pinch too should Marshall ever be injured for an extended period, having said this we are already spoilt for choice in hookers and halves which our coach doesn’t already utilise so I don’t see why we’d sign another.

But he is so slow tho CB, maybe that is due to his hammies dunno. If they bring him back and he plays State Cup, fine, and is on standby just in case of an injury np with that decision, if they bring him back with the intent to play First Grade - I don’t agree.

@Muffstar:

@Cultured Bogan:

But he is so slow tho CB, maybe that is due to his hammies dunno. If they bring him back and he plays State Cup, fine, and is on standby just in case of an injury np with that decision, if they bring him back with the intent to play First Grade - I don’t agree.

Yes he is slow, you’ll get no argument from me there. My point is would you rather a genuine fullback who’s lost a yard or two of pace, or a quick five eighth playing out of position who is shaky under the high ball and won’t run in support of players who make half a break. (FYI: this isn’t a bash Moltzen comment. I’d rather see him at 5/8 if Benji is going to play half as it is his natural position.)

He doesn’t need to score off a line break, field position is just as valuable.

Having watch the season highlights from last year, McKinnon may lack some pace but he has a happy knack for being in the right place at the right time.

McKinnon is a fullback (as per CB’s points).
Moltzen isn;t.
As he played 11 out of a possible 12 SL games while he was over there he’s hopefully got his hamstrings right. He’s also someone that Tedesco can learn from. Good signing if cheap.

Iosefa - can;t remember him play but Politoni looked good in his 20 minutes last week so not so sure about that one.

@Yossarian:

Having watch the season highlights from last year, McKinnon may lack some pace but he has a happy knack for being in the right place at the right time.

You should also watch the lowlights , Yoss.
Everybody seems to forget he got dropped for poor play - not bad hammies.

No announcement as part of the 3 new signings, so maybe just maybe it won’t happen ?

McKinnon is not happening. Massoud is an imbecile.

Mckinnon is past it hes done finished !! was great 6 years ago but not now. remmeber that dragons game when he kept dropping the dam ball? hes always injured too

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme