Tom Humble very happy with his role

POST EDITED BY ADMIN

TOM VERY HUMBLE ABOUT HIS ROLE

By Wayne Cousins

Wednesday 23 May 2012 3:51 PM

Tom Humble might not have a permanent number on his jersey but the utility feels right at home at Wests Tigers.
The former North Queensland Cowboys and Parramatta Eels back has played full-back, half-back and hooker in the opening 10 rounds and although the 23-year-old prefers to play in the halves, Humble knows his role is under Head Coach Tim Sheens.
“It is definitely a challenge. Every player wants their own position but I have to remember that I’m less than 20 (first grade) games into a career,’’ Humble said.
“At the moment, I’ve just got to do a job no matter where I am put and do it to the best of my ability.
“I thought I did that last Friday night (playing hooker) against the Warriors and this weekend will be another change for me with Robbie (Farah) coming back. I’ll just have to do the best I can. I’m really enjoying my time at Wests Tigers and feel comfortable.”
A proud Queenslander, Humble has been named on the interchange bench for Sunday’s home match against North Queensland Cowboys - a club he played for in the U20s.
“I was 18th man a few times but I never got a start in first grade. I would have liked to but I was still pretty young when I was there and I wasn’t ready,’’ he offered.
Humble said his Wests Tigers team-mates were determined to build on their second half fight back against the Warriors.
“We didn’t play great but to get the win when you don’t play your best footy is always a good feeling,’’ he said.
“The best thing was it was a grinding win and we didn’t risk too much in the second half. It definitely has been a huge effort from the boys to turn the season around after such a terrible start to the year.”
Wests Tigers half-back Benji Marshall said Humble continues to impress with his positive attitude.
“I thought it was his best game (against the Warriors), especially defensively. Tommy is not the biggest guy. Four of five times I saw him put his body in front of big Manu and stop the momentum. That’s courage,’’ Marshall said.
“Tommy is one of those players who trains hard, plays hard. He might not have the repotire Robbie Farah has but he makes up for it in heart and determination.”

Well, he’s not exactly about to come out and say i think Sheens is a $*#) for making me play out of position now is he ?

Everything else aside, Humble has impressed me and I hope we keep him and he keeps a place in the side.

Very gud player and im happy he plays for the tigers.

@BenjiMagic96:

POST EDITED BY ADMIN

By Wayne Cousins

Tom Humble might not have a permanent number on his jersey but the utility feels right at home at Wests Tigers.
The former North Queensland Cowboys and Parramatta Eels back has played full-back, half-back and hooker in the opening 10 rounds and although the 23-year-old prefers to play in the halves, Humble knows his role is under Head Coach Tim Sheens.
“It is definitely a challenge. Every player wants their own position but I have to remember that I’m less than 20 (first grade) games into a career,’’ Humble said.
“At the moment, I’ve just got to do a job no matter where I am put and do it to the best of my ability.
“I thought I did that last Friday night (playing hooker) against the Warriors and this weekend will be another change for me with Robbie (Farah) coming back. I’ll just have to do the best I can. I’m really enjoying my time at Wests Tigers and feel comfortable.”
A proud Queenslander, Humble has been named on the interchange bench for Sunday’s home match against North Queensland Cowboys - a club he played for in the U20s.
“I was 18th man a few times but I never got a start in first grade. I would have liked to but I was still pretty young when I was there and I wasn’t ready,’’ he offered.
Humble said his Wests Tigers team-mates were determined to build on their second half fight back against the Warriors.
“We didn’t play great but to get the win when you don’t play your best footy is always a good feeling,’’ he said.
“The best thing was it was a grinding win and we didn’t risk too much in the second half. It definitely has been a huge effort from the boys to turn the season around after such a terrible start to the year.”
Wests Tigers half-back Benji Marshall said Humble continues to impress with his positive attitude.
“I thought it was his best game (against the Warriors), especially defensively. Tommy is not the biggest guy. Four of five times I saw him put his body in front of big Manu and stop the momentum. That’s courage,’’ Marshall said.
“Tommy is one of those players who trains hard, plays hard. He might not have the repotire Robbie Farah has but he makes up for it in heart and determination.”

In future, when posting media articles, please give the author due credit, or the post will be removed.

@willow:

@BenjiMagic96:

POST EDITED BY ADMIN

By Wayne Cousins

In future, when posting media articles, please give the author due credit, or the post will be removed.

Sorry? i dont understand what you mean

Wayne Cousins, the Wests Tigers media officer wrote this article. You have copied and pasted it from the Wests Tigers website and omitted Cuzzo’s name out of the article. This is not acceptable as the author was not originally listed. If you are going to copy news articles, copy the entire article including the author, or the post will be removed.

Willow, I get the feeling that forum member BenjiMagic96 is one of those Under 16 forumers that some other members want to have an asterisk or something to let adults know that they are mere novices!.

@GoldXR50Leroy:

Willow, I get the feeling that forum member BenjiMagic96 is one of those Under 16 forumers that some other members want to have an asterisk or something to let adults know that they are mere novices!.

You would be 100% correct.

i copied it straight off tigers site….

@BenjiMagic96:

i copied it straight off tigers site….

However young person of unknown gender, apparenty you failed to include vital info that made it evident that it was a whole cut and paste, mind you I still don’t know how you do it but in this day and age you have to give the credit due to the original poster, in this case the ‘Official’ Wests Tigers’website.

I like Humble. Honest player who gives his all. Has courage and throws a good pass. Honest footballer who could do a goof job for us at halfback if persisted with.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme