TIGER TALK: CHRIS LAWRENCE

Thursday 24 May 2012 3:51 PM

Chris Lawrence has called on Wests Tigers supporters to be out in force at Campbelltown Sports Stadium this Sunday for the clash against the Nth Queensland Cowboys.

Writing in the Club’s weekly column in TigerTalk in the Campbelltown Advertiser, Lawrence talks about the big match.

LAWRENCE’S LOWDOWN

"Sunday afternoon footy at Campbelltown Sports Stadium…bring it on!

With four straight wins behind Wests Tigers, we are very excited to be returning to Campbelltown this Sunday for a clash with the North Queensland Cowboys at 3pm.

It promises to be a cracker of a match between two sides who recorded good wins last weekend.

For us at Wests Tigers, it is all about playing more consistent footy, playing the full 80 minutes, and to keep building on the momentum of the past few weeks.

Our win over the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval last Friday has given the team a very big confidence boost. The Warriors are a very dangerous side and their forwards are huge. I can tell you first hand so are some of their backs. It was a very torrid encounter.

We started off slowly in the first half and were down 10-0 at half-time. It was not a good first half for me as I suffered a minor hamstring strain midway through it. I wanted to get back out on the field for the second half and try my hand more at playing five-eighth but it wasn’t to be.

I am hoping to take on the Cowboys but it just depends on what our medical team have to say. If I do miss the match, I should return the following week against the Raiders in Canberra.

Following the win over the Warriors, there was plenty of talk amongst the players about what an electric atmosphere it was at Leichhardt Oval. There was a crowd of over 16,000 and I can assure every Wests Tigers fan, your support certainly did lift us.

It would be terrific if we can create a similar atmosphere against the Cowboys and give them a warm Campbelltown welcome. There is nothing better than playing in front of a packed crowd at home so I encourage every Wests Tigers fan in Macarthur to get out and cheer us on. And don’t forget your flags. It is a terrific sight watching those Wests Tigers colours flying high.

Three great games of rugby league will be played, starting from 10.30am when Western Suburbs Magpies tackle Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers in the NSW Cup. It will be followed by the U20s match at 12.45pm. The Wests Tigers lead the NYC competition and are playing some superb rugby league under new coach Todd Payten.

The first grade game at 3pm will also see the clash between two of the game’s finest halves in Benj Marshall and Jonathan Thurston. This will be worth the price of admission alone.

So come on Campbelltown, get there early on Sunday and watch all three grades of footy – just like the good old days!"

Ohhhhhhhh……I’m gettin a little emotional.

They do get a buzz off us screaming and our colours.

YAY!!!

Ill be there on sunday!

WTFL

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme