TIM SHEENS LOOKS FOR QUICKER START

TIM SHEENS LOOKS FOR QUICKER START
By Wayne Cousins

Thursday 24 May 2012 12:30 PM
TIM SHEENS LOOKS FOR QUICKER START

Head Coach Tim Sheens will assess the fitness of Chris Lawrence on Saturday to determine whether he will line up for Wests Tigers against the Nth Queensland Cowboys.

Playing five-eighth, Lawrence suffered a minor hamstring injury in the win over the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval last Friday night. He has been named at centre for the Cowboys clash at Campbelltown Sports Stadium this Sunday at 3pm.

“I’ve moved him back to centre so he doesn’t have to work hard on the hamstring by way of efforts during the game,’’ Sheens offered.

“I’m hopeful of getting him through but if he is not right, I won’t risk it.”

Sheens says it was important his side starts better after conceding two first half leads in the past fortnight.

“We need to start a little faster than we did last week (against the Warriors) and the week before (against Gold Coast),’’ Sheens said.

“Both sides got a lead on us. We need to be better than that. We can’t be chasing down 10 and 14 points at half-time.”

Wests Tigers will welcome the return of NSW hooker Robbie Farah and lock Chris Heighington from a broken hand. Sheens says it’s important the side builds on the momentum of the past month.

“We have a tough 3 or 4 games coming up now where we are playing teams above us,’’ he said.

“It is important for us to regroup from last week, to pull Robbie back in the side, and to get a win at home at Campbelltown.

“We have had a good record against (the Cowboys) the last 2-3 years at home and away. We have got to draw on that and take that confidence and come out and play well ourselves."

@willow:

“I’ve moved him back to centre so he doesn’t have to work hard on the hamstring by way of efforts during the game,’’ Sheens offered.

Oh come off it Sheens - just admit your genius move to put him in the halves was a total disaster. Admit you’re wrong for once :bash

Oh great, everyone knows the only time we win is when we are behind and play catch up.

@Chunky love machine:

Oh great, everyone knows the only time we win is when we are behind and play catch up.

Just like against Parramatta and Penrith, yeah?

Give me a break Sheens, 99% of the rugby league world know Rowdy isnt a no6, not now and never will be, the other 1% own a white stick and a Labrador

Sheens said Lawrence at 6 wasn’t a permanent move prior to the Warriors.

He had his reasons to make the move, I don’t agree with them, but people need to relax.

LMFAO….hamstrings required for 5/8 but not so much for centre…freeking classic

@alex:

@willow:

“I’ve moved him back to centre so he doesn’t have to work hard on the hamstring by way of efforts during the game,’’ Sheens offered.

Oh come off it Sheens - just admit your genius move to put him in the halves was a total disaster. Admit you’re wrong for once :bash

Yeah so Benji throws a cut out ball and Rowdy’s in a huge hole 50 metres out

Doesn’t need his hammy’s at all

Just needs to hope the motorbike he is riding doesn’t run out of fuel obviously

bahahahahaha… he really does think fans are stupid.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme