HEIGHINGTON FULL OF EXCITEMENT

HEIGHINGTON FULL OF EXCITEMENT
By Wayne Cousins
Friday 25 May 2012 10:46 AM

Chris Heighington is excited for two reasons – the first is to be back playing again and the second to be involved in an almighty forwards battle.

Heighington will pull on his beloved number 13 jersey for the first time since suffering a broken left hand in the loss to South Sydney in round 5 when Wests Tigers tackle North Queensland Cowboys at Campbelltown Sports Stadium this Sunday at 3pm.

For the England international, it has been a ‘long 6 weeks’.

“With a hand injury, it meant I could do a lot of running so the (trainers) have been flogging me. It’s been like a mini pre-season for me,’’ Heighington said.

“I did a month of hard training so I feel really fit and fresh.

“The hand is 100 per cent. If I went into the game last week (against the Warriors), I probably would have been worrying about it but another 10 days rest has helped it a lot.”

Heighington said his fellow forwards were preparing for a very physical contest against the big Cowboys pack.

“The way Origin props (James) Tamou and (Matt) Scott have been going, they are going to be tough in the forwards,’’ Heighington said.

“We have got Keith Galloway in good form and Aaron Woods returns from being 18th man for NSW. It will be a good battle up front.

“You then have two of the world’s best halves playing against each other in Benji Marshall and Johnathan Thurston so I can see this being a really good game. I’m excited about Sunday.”

Been Hanging for Hieghno,

Sunday will be a beauty

great to seen this type of excitement from a player and a good solid club man , but he needs to go well as bell has filled in for him quite well , using both of them could give us 80 to 90 takles from 2 players

He will want to play well - his game was down before he got injured.
Since then we’ve gone on a winning streak with his replacement pulling out all stops.
Plenty of pressure on him.

I,m sure Bell is excited about that! Should be still starting and Hiehno on the bench,someone never learns you can’t have him and fulton on at the same time,Bell worked out much better.

@Snake:

I,m sure Bell is excited about that! Should be still starting and Hiehno on the bench,someone never learns you can’t have him and fulton on at the same time,Bell worked out much better.

Agree with that. I thought Bell went surprisingly well at lock, so I hope Heighington is up to it on Sunday.

I wish I was full of excitement about Heighington’s return, but unfortunately, I feel we will lose a lot of forward momentum.

This could be his last chance I

f he doesn’t shine it may be his last season at the Tigers

Agree flippdey. He has lots of competition and has to be more dominant in both attack and defense. I hope it spurs him on and he recaptures his best form as he’s been a hard working and long time servant.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme