What rule changes would you like to see ?

Poor ball security is being rewarded in our game, where currently only a 1 man tackle can strip the ball, often blaming the second man. The old days were better because you protected the ball and milking wasn’t an option. Just a suggestion, what’s yours.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

*Legs tackles rewarded

*Maybe to discourage the wrestle if three players - or more than two - complete a tackle the count remains static
(sudden thought & not thought thru)

*The re-start at the 20 when a kick is defused needs work,attacking players suddenly have to retreat and form defense line while the now attacking team can still pass the ball forward to the tap to get a quick restart….it goes against the grain of the game…needs an overhaul

agree with all mentioned

@innsaneink:

*Legs tackles rewarded

*Maybe to discourage the wrestle if three players - or more than two - complete a tackle the count remains static
(sudden thought & not thought thru)

*The re-start at the 20 when a kick is defused needs work,attacking players suddenly have to retreat and form defense line while the now attacking team can still pass the ball forward to the tap to get a quick restart….it goes against the grain of the game…needs an overhaul

I’m with you on this one Ink. Don’t think it’s right the defending team should be rewarded for avoiding a raid on their line. At the very least, the defending team should be allowed to set their ten.

I wonder if the NRL realises the irony of allowing the quick tap here to speed up the game while doing nothing to stop the tackle being systematically slowed down further and further.

Three man video ref panel. They all sit separate, they can’t communicate with each other, and they all rule independently. Majority rules appears on the big screen. Get rid of the second on field ref. Use this process on all rep games and finals matches. And if they could fund it, use it in all NRL games.

I’ve always hated the ambiguity and reward for poor ball security surrounding the strip rule. It’s a tough one, but I’d like the rule changed so that you can attack the ball in a tackling or striking motion in the tackle, but not in a raking motion. That puts the onus back on the ball handler to hold the ball and it’s fairer for everybody, whilst still protecting the smaller guy from having the ball reefed from him in a 4 man tackle.

Stop awarding lost balls / poor ball security with penalties for stripping

No point packing down for scrums these days and I hate golden point! Nothing wrong with a draw in regular season games or at least 5 minute halves of overtime.

I agree with yougoat boy get rid of golden point.

Golden try would be exciting

There’s a few to do with extra time I’d like:

• No golden point, only golden try. A team can still kick a field goal or penalty goal, but play continues and only win if they’re still winning at the end of the 10 mins. Only way the game stops is with a try.
  • Games should be worth 4 competition points, not 2. If the game goes to extra time, the winner gets 3 and loser gets 1.

@alex:

There’s a few to do with extra time I’d like:

• No golden point, only golden try. A team can still kick a field goal or penalty goal, but play continues and only win if they’re still winning at the end of the 10 mins. Only way the game stops is with a try.
  • Games should be worth 4 competition points, not 2. If the game goes to extra time, the winner gets 3 and loser gets 1.

You’re last point has great merit. Or even like the old days, split the points after 80mins.

I would like to see trainers removed from the field during general play unless there is a injured player needing attention. What annoys me are the trainers who camp behind the line directing defence.

Refs count to three when tackle is completed If the ruck hasn’t been cleared Penalty

If the ball is caught on the full on the last tackle the ball goes back to where the kick is made from and Tackle count starts at zero

Interchange back to 6

Video ref can go back to the start of a set to check any violations ,knock ons etc before rewarding try

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme