Pettybourne last night

i thought pettybourne had a good game last night , ran the ball back straight and hard , could be handy next year

For some bizarre reason he captured my attention last week vs Dragons, with his hard runs. Really happy to know we’ve got him. He ain’t a depth signing he’s an NRL player every week.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Yeah I thought he played ok, but in reality, he is just another hard working back rower and we already have plenty of them. Certainly no hole running game breaker, which we could really do with right now. God I miss Ellis and Simon Dwyer!

He is really young and has as feisty attitude.

I Like him and think he will do OK in the coming seasons

Didnt anyone notice him when he first hit first grade, in the pack before they got Burgess’ & Taylor etc etc….he was consistently running it back at 100000km/h smashing into the line
Now the entire pack is working hes not so evidently effective…doesnt have to do as much.
Thought he had his best game for a while though last night, good attitude imo sounds like he wanted to say to his mates ''even though ive signed elsewhere im committed 110% here this year"

Charges like a bull……don’t worry though, Sheens will calm him down and have him jog it, turn, and look to offload passively 😉

@Flippedy:

Yeah I thought he played ok, but in reality, he is just another hard working back rower and we already have plenty of them. Certainly no hole running game breaker, which we could really do with right now. God I miss Ellis and Simon Dwyer!

Have u watched much of Eddie over tha past few years? His best attribute is his hole running. If Sheens uses him correctly he will score plenty of tries off Benji on the edges

Pettybourne is just the sort of forward teams need- he’s not the most overly skillful guy, but you know you get a committed player for every minute he’s on.

Looking to replace Ellis is always a pipe-dream- he’s impossible to replace successfully. Pettybourne ensures us, however, that while the Tigers lose a really classy player, they still pick up a tough, hard working guy that can have impact.

Really like this signing.

His game will hopefully develop further under the Tigers given the Tigers style of play and general skill level with the ball. If anyone knows how to put him into a hole it will be Benji and Robbie, and young Sirro throws a very well timed pass also.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme