Matt Bell - 2013

so we signed Matty on a 1 year deal with a 1 year option in OUR favour.

so far, we have not offered him that 2nd year extension, and he can start to speak with other clubs next week.
i want him to stay. he has been the buy of the year for our club, and done exactly what was required and expected of him.

most people on this forum questioned his worth, questioned why we signed him, but he has put alot of egg on alot of faces. he deserves another year, and we would be crazy to let him go.

i am worried with the signings of Pettybourne and Thompson, that Bell may be let go, and thats going to be a big mistake.

Sheens - Humphreys. GIVE MATT BELL THE 2ND YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT NOW

Yeah he’s been great - have to keep him!

Yeah I’d like to see him given the contract extension too…. he’s solid, reliable, gets the job done mistake and hassle free but like you’ve pointed out, where’s he gonna fit in?

He has been great, we have so many options next year.

Fulton
Heighington
Bell
Blair
Pettybourne
Anasta

His hit ups are far more effective than I expected. He runs straight and hard and is a big lad. Got it over Heighno at the moment, if it needs to be one or the other.

@RatedRKO:

He has been great, we have so many options next year.

Fulton
Heighington
Bell
Blair
Pettybourne
Anasta

And Thompson

He has been better then heighington this year

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@helmesy:

Yeah he’s been great - have to keep him!

x2

I’d be taking the option on him for next year.

has been our buy of our season so far.

Sign him up.

Yea good player resign him tigers

@fergiefurr:

how quick ur to stick the boot into a great player and club man. heigho is twice the player bell is.

@bp tiger:

@fergiefurr:

how quick ur to stick the boot into a great player and club man. heigho is twice the player bell is.

No bp, once upon a time Heighno WAS twice the player Bell is. Now Bell is well ahead of where Heighno currently is.

If both players were off season signings on one year contracts which one would we re-sign first? Bell would be miles ahead.

I’m all for loyalty, but there has to be a limit to when young blood needs to be added. With Bell and our young guns to develop we’re fine. Heighno can take advatnage of one last pay packet overseas seeing he’s probably taken less money in the past to stay with us.

his tackles are monstrous, he kept picking em up and dumping em all game.

If I’m brutally honest I’d have to say I wouldn’t cry myself to sleep if we let either of them go at this stage in their careers. Both hard workers and honest triers well worth having on low contracts, but both also pretty readily replaceable in the cold light of day.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme