Tom Burgess

Hearing he will sign for Bunnies to play in 2013’ pending visa application

Been told he is the 2nd best Burgess Brother

His George’s twin

May as well relocate the team to England and call them the Yorkshire Rabbitohs…

Wonder if they’ll make an offer to Baby John Burgess…

The South Sydney Rabbitohs look set to snare the final Burgess brother with Bradford back rower Tom Burgess exploring getting an Australian visa, according to his grandmother.

With Sam, Luke and George – Tom’s twin – already at the Redfern based club, Val Deen (the Burgess brother’s grandmother) told ABC Grandstand that it will only be a matter of time before Tom and his mother Julie join them in Sydney.

“I’ve got a very strong feeling that (everyone will come to Australia) it’s just a matter of visa’s and that’s a big thing to arrange but eventually I’m sure once we’ve got over those steps, Julie and Tom will eventually be here,” Deen said.

The 20-year-old debuted for the Bulls in 2011 where he has become a regular in the first grade squad.

With Tom off contract at the end of the year, Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire refused to comment on the clubs recruitment but did say, “I talk to them and they know where I stand.”

While Tom weighs up his options, Sam confirmed that he has applied for Australian citizenship as has his brothers with Sam set to stay in the NRL beyond 2013.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/south-sydney-final-burgess-brother-6012/#ixzz1w8e0MfAS

Good on 'em, hope they all make the starting 17…
Would be awesome to see.

Poor recruiting imo.
Signing 4 Pommies and they are all brothers obviously isn’t coincidence.
They should be trying to sign the best players they can, not just relatives of current players.

@Yossarian:

Wonder if they’ll make an offer to Baby John Burgess…

well done

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme