Won 5 in a row but going backwards?

So after winning 5 on the trot we are now back in 8th position - bummer! We were actually moving up the ladder when were had our losing streak, go figure 😆

I think the important thing is to think about the sides around us.

Bulldogs are the new “entertainers”, Manly are the defending premiers, Souths have Taylor and Inglis and are top 4 bound, Sharks have Carney and Gallen, Brisbane and Melbourne are apparently “The competitions best”.

We’re 8th with NO ONE looking at us. Never thought this would be the season that we’d be sneaking under the radar, but that’s exactly what is happening.

If we beat the Raiders on their home turf for 6 straight, I’m not sure the media will consider us to be sneaking.

@Flippedy:

So after winning 5 on the trot we are now back in 8th position - bummer! We were actually moving up the ladder when were had our losing streak, go figure 😆

I get this feeling that the Top 8 (but not the spots inside the Top 😎 could be decided up to a month before the semis

A clear break in class and competition points is starting to emerge already in my opinion

yes but we are 2 points away from second 😉

@happy tiger:

I get this feeling that the Top 8 (but not the spots inside the Top 😎 could be decided up to a month before the semis

A clear break in class and competition points is starting to emerge already in my opinion

Yes…… Thats what Im seeing!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Looking at the current top 8 I don’t think it’ll change all that much by the end of the season. The only other sides capable of making the 8 IMO are st George and the warriors.

Doesn’t matter if we finish 1st or 8th, we’ll still win the grand final

Would like to finish 6th or higher so we can have a Sydney semi final. Seeing as melb and bris will be 1&2.

Yeah the Parra game will come back and bite us on the For and Against at some stage.

@georgebeema:

Would like to finish 6th or higher so we can have a Sydney semi final. Seeing as melb and bris will be 1&2.

I don’t reckon Brisbane will get second, they’ve lost 3 in a row now (I think?) and it’s only the start of the origin period

also the Tiges gave em a pretty good run and we weren’t anywhere near our best at that stage

@Bismark:

I think the important thing is to think about the sides around us.

Bulldogs are the new “entertainers”, Manly are the defending premiers, Souths have Taylor and Inglis and are top 4 bound, Sharks have Carney and Gallen, Brisbane and Melbourne are apparently “The competitions best”.

We’re 8th with NO ONE looking at us. Never thought this would be the season that we’d be sneaking under the radar, but that’s exactly what is happening.

The only team I would “fear” out of those listed is Melbourne, and we should be playing them without their Origin stars. Anyone is beatable in this competition, and anyone can smack you on the butt. Now is the time that we need to start to stand up and show some consistent footy.

The second half against the Warriors and all game against the Cowboys have shown some pretty good signs…… win 3 more and then get Ellis back (hopefully)!

We have the best draw in the NRL, if we dont finish top four it will be a very poor effort. If both Woods and Galloway get called up to SOO we could be in trouble in two matches but really we should make top four easy we have a very good draw from here on in

New finals system this year as well. It should make things interesting come finals time

Points for and against might have something to do with it.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme