Should Ellis be used off the bench on his return

Ellis is a great player but over the last two years has been hampered with injuries plus is getting on in age and his fitness will be behind the eight ball once he returns.

Given the performance of our current pack recently, I thought Ellis would be great off the bench in 20 minutes spurts. He would not be subjected to the initially onslaught.

My pack when everyone is fit

Bell (deserves to keep his spot and IMO offers more than Rhino)
Fulton
Blair
Woods
Farah
Galloway

Bench

Ellis
BMM (prop rotation)
Cashmere (prop rotation)
Utai/Heighington

I like Moors but Sheens will never pick him so I won’t either

People’s thoughts

nope
ellis left
fulton right
blair lock

id start him, but can see the OP’s logic.

can someone just confirm what I already know

Ellis is still currently in Australia

I saw him at Warriors game but just need to confirm for bet

He’s (Ellis) has got to start. I’d use Blair off he bench.

Bell has definately earned a starting job.

Anyway it makes for great depth

I would start our best forward.

@Wacko Jacko:

can someone just confirm what I already know

Ellis is still currently in Australia

I saw him at Warriors game but just need to confirm for bet

I saw him on Sunday after the game walking into the Tigers area carrying his little girl

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

If we can get into a strong position on the table over the next month, I would ease him back maybe even hold him off till the last four rounds and give him a month to get set for the final series. With little football under his belt and thelast couple of months for the tigers he should be in good shape to cause some serious damage

nah straight back in.

backrow of ellis, fulton and bell + blair and bmm on the bench. impact and work.

Of course he should start, Ellis, Blair fulton in the back row with Blair at lock. I thought Blair had his best game on the weekend and the quality of his work was really impressive in attack and defence

@boonboon:

Of course he should start, Ellis, Blair fulton in the back row with Blair at lock. I thought Blair had his best game on the weekend and the quality of his work was really impressive in attack and defence

Agree. And a bench including Heighno and Bell is good too.

@bonstonker:

nope
ellis left
fulton right
blair lock

Yep. People are kidding themselves if they think Blair should be benched to start the game.

@willow:

@bonstonker:

nope
ellis left
fulton right
blair lock

Yep. People are kidding themselves if they think Blair should be benched to start the game.

If we run with those 3 we only really need bench players to provide impact, all those 3 can play the 80

Ellis should be in the 2nd row where he belongs The only thought might be to shift him to the front row when Keefy has his spell and bring on Rhino or BMM

Blair and Fulton are both edge players

Ellis is strong on the edge or the in the middle so I would play Ellis at lock

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme