Fines or Suspensions?

What works for you?

I personally prefer a % of match fee.
People like Matai, they get charged every second game they play.
Players are more likely to behave themselves if fines are at stake, IMO
More transparency with how much each player gets paid if a match fee is introduced
Money goes to the NRL, so that the game is looked after better

Just some points that i can think of now.

What are your thoughts?

I would say that suspension and if the guy you striked needs any surgery etc you need to pay for all of it

Suspensions for a a couple of reasons.
Higher paid players could afford to lose the money especially compared to players who are on a very small salary.
And also fines do nothing to effect the outcome of games.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Also, who pays for fines? Does it affect the individual?
Suspension for me…and how about a send off if the discretion is bad enough. That way the team disadvantaged by the offence is the team responsible for the offence.

@Sabre:

Higher paid players could afford to lose the money especially compared to players who are on a very small salary.

im talking % of match fee fine. not like speeding ticket fines where everyone pays the same amount.

neither does suspension, they are brought on after the game, not during.

@BenjiMagic96:

I would say that suspension and if the guy you striked needs any surgery etc you need to pay for all of it

That’s what club insurance is for

someone like tony williams, who got suspended for 7 weeks. he basically got paid for 7 weeks without playing a game. suspensios effect the team more than the individual imo

im happy with the system as it is.

the one thing i think they should introduce though is an alteration to the send off whereby a player can be sent-off or “expelled” from the rest of the game, but that player is allowed to be replaced ie, the team still has 13 players on the field but only 3 on the bench. this could be used in situations whereby a player is wiped out of the game, (eg through a dangerous tackle that resulted in concussion) but the offending player that caused the injury is not deemed to have been reckless/careless enough to warrant a traditional send off.

i introduce this idea because at the moment referees are so reluctant to send off a player because it has such an impact on the game. this has seen us and other teams significantly disadvantaged in a number of games this year. one incident that comes to mind is ben teo on groat earlier this year. broncos and teo did not deserve to be down to 12 men on the field, but it was unfair that groat was rubbed out of the match for us. therefore i think this would be an ideal situation for the refs to say “ok, teo u can no longer take part in this game, but the broncos can still have 13 men on the field”

@tig_prmz:

@Sabre:

im talking % of match fee fine. not like speeding ticket fines where everyone pays the same amount.

Even a percentage, its all the same. Somebody like Benji Marshall could still afford to pay it more than somebody like Curtis Sironen. And as for the second part of that, I said gameS, plural. Not just the game the incident happens in, but those after it.

@steve-o:

the one thing i think they should introduce though is an alteration to the send off whereby a player can be sent-off or “expelled” from the rest of the game, but that player is allowed to be replaced ie, the team still has 13 players on the field but only 3 on the bench. this could be used in situations whereby a player is wiped out of the game, (eg through a dangerous tackle that resulted in concussion) but the offending player that caused the injury is not deemed to have been reckless/careless enough to warrant a traditional send off.

i introduce this idea because at the moment referees are so reluctant to send off a player because it has such an impact on the game. this has seen us and other teams significantly disadvantaged in a number of games this year. one incident that comes to mind is ben teo on groat earlier this year. broncos and teo did not deserve to be down to 12 men on the field, but it was unfair that groat was rubbed out of the match for us. therefore i think this would be an ideal situation for the refs to say “ok, teo u can no longer take part in this game, but the broncos can still have 13 men on the field”

This may be one of the better ideas I have heard for some time. I like the idea of a player being expelled. Of course the sin bin and send off should still be available but the expuslion could be used for the offences harsh enough but not quite a send off…

@steve-o:

That suits us to a tee. We’re lucky to use three bench players as it is…

@Sabre:

@tig_prmz:

@Sabre:

Even a percentage, its all the same. Somebody like Benji Marshall could still afford to pay it more than somebody like Curtis Sironen. And as for the second part of that, I said gameS, plural. Not just the game the incident happens in, but those after it.

Fair enough, but as I said, it effects the team more than the individual.

As for the %, IMO it makes it more fairer, like the cricket system.

@genoshan:

@steve-o:

This may be one of the better ideas I have heard for some time. I like the idea of a player being expelled. Of course the sin bin and send off should still be available but the expuslion could be used for the offences harsh enough but not quite a send off…

I raised this idea in a different thread. IMO its a great idea.
The on field ref still can send off players for foul play like Danny Williams on Oneill, in these instances the team pjays with 12,
If the ref places a player on report, the video ref assesses the severity of the incident and sends off the player if necessary. If this happens the player is sent off but is replaced, leaving a 3 man bench such as Teo on Groat.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme