Wests Tigers up with Storm chasers

Wests Tigers up with Storm chasers
30/5/2012 7:44 AM
Paul Gough, Betting Editor
Finally a team is beginning to emerge from the large chasing pack in the NRL to announce itself as a serious premiership threat to runaway league leaders Melbourne Storm and that team is the Wests Tigers.

Both TAB Sportsbet and sportsbet.com.au are reporting significant support for Tim Sheens’ team in NRL premiership betting following their fifth straight win in Round 12 against North Queensland.

The win has lifted the Tigers into eighth spot on the ladder, and the 2005 premiers remain just a game behind second-placed Brisbane with the Storm having opened up a three-game break at the top.

And Wests have another likely win to come this weekend against the struggling Canberra Raiders.

TAB Sportsbet’s Matt Jenkins said the Wests Tigers were now into clear fourth favourites for the premiership at $8 behind only Melbourne at $3.25, reigning premiers Manly at $6 and the Broncos at $7.

Jenkins said the Tigers, who started the season as $6 favourites to win the title, got out to as much as $26 after losing to Brisbane on Good Friday, which at that stage gave the club just one win from its first six matches.

The Sea Eagles have eased from $5.50 to $6 following their shock loss to Penrith and face another tough game against St George Illawarra on Friday night.

Ben Hawes of sportsbet.com.au said the Tigers, along with South Sydney, had been the big movers in NRL premiership betting since the completion of Round 12.

Hawes said the Tigers had shortened from $12 to $8.50 in premiership betting while the Rabbitohs, who jumped to fourth spot after mauling Canberra 36-18, had firmed from $13 into $10.

“The Tigers are now the fifth best backed side with sportsbet.com.au to win the Grand Final, behind the Storm, New Zealand Warriors, Manly and the Broncos,” Hawes said.

“The Storm have still attracted double the interest compared to every other team but the interest in the Tigers and Rabbitohs is growing at a fast rate.”

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I have been watching this forum for a while now and thought i would register looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Welcome to the forum Keods.

Pleased that I got on at 18-1 after losing those 5 games. Still a along way to go this year though.

I will be at aami park june long weekend

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Yeah wtf! I wont make it but im glad we’ll have some orange there!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

I put money on them at $26 when they were losing.

I thought that was much better than putting money on them at $6

There is a long way to go. I also thought that the Cowboys looked a quality team whereas we haven’t looked that good so far.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme