Sam Mateora resigns with Raiders

Had Wests Tigers got their way, Canberra Raiders youngster Sam Mataora would be rubbing shoulders with Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah in the same dressing room next year.

But loyalty to the club which handed him his NRL chance ultimately convinced the second rower to re-sign with the Raiders until the end of the 2014 season.

The 21-year-old was courted aggressively by the Tigers, who are desperate to bolster their forward depth after offloading Bryce Gibbs and Andrew Fifita to Cronulla, and Gareth Ellis‘s impending return to England next season.

Mataora made his debut in early 2010 and officially agreed to terms on a new two-year deal with the Raiders on Tuesday night.

”They’ve helped me out and this is where I started off, so I still wanted to give something back,” Mataora said yesterday.

”They [the Tigers] were pretty persistent, but I decided to stay.

”I was thinking about it [leaving], but I think I can push through here and try and get a starting spot.”

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/mataora-resigns-raiders-years-6049/#ixzz1wQKOu1P5

hahaha wsn’t angry just thought i would share

So if we were still after him that that shows we still have cash and were after a prop hopefully we sign one.

@tigersrule4life:

So if we were still after him that that shows we still have cash and were after a prop hopefully we sign one.

Must be, but any good props off contract other than Warriors ones?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme