Chris Heighington

When is he off contract ?

Was thinking with Anasta coming next year , he would be relegated to the bench … And maybe even on the outer …

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

If I was Chris’ manager I’d be suggesting to him that the ESL would be a good fit for his next contract. He counts as a local so he’d probably be able to make a mint over there.

Given some of the problems we have had in recent seasons with injuries, I would like to think that some of the recent acquisitions I.e. Pettybourne and David Nofoaluma are there to sure up our depth a little. Ellis will be off at years end, I doubt Cashmere is a long term option and the likelihood of loosing players at rep time looks to also be a threat i.e Farah,Woods,Marshall,Lawrence and Molten (HA, couldn’t help but go the Stir). As much as I think Bell has done well for us, I expect Super League beckons at 32, Similarly I expect Junior Moors may be looking at a stint in the UK with some of his fellow enigmatic countrymen, while Groat will be offered a minimal contract from the Tigers and be lured to a Penrith or Parramatta who need to be looking at players with potential but minimal financial risk. these are just my opinions, I am not as well versed as some of you guys on the internal machinations of the club. I guess that this is my long winded response to maybe having Heignon around for another year, if he wants to be.

@Yossarian:

If I was Chris’ manager I’d be suggesting to him that the ESL would be a good fit for his next contract. He counts as a local so he’d probably be able to make a mint over there.

He also wouldn’t count on their overseas player quota so I imagine that’d be a big positive for clubs

With him being at the back end of his career, he’d be looking to stock pile his bank account as much as possible. If I were him, I’d be seriously looking at what kind of dollars he can attract in the ESL. I’m sure he’d attract more money there than here in Australia.

Does any one know if he has contract for season 2013 ??

HMMM there could be a storm brewing ?

Been a great player but prefer him to finish his career in England. We have so much backrow talent next year.

@1/4 chicken:

I thought that was in relation to the Joker in our pack…

@Tiger Watto:

@1/4 chicken:

I hope you are joking about losing the joker in our pack Watto

Would be a very big loss

@Rambo2714:

Heighno is contracted for next year.

@happy tiger:

@Tiger Watto:

@1/4 chicken:

I hope you are joking about losing the joker in our pack Watto

Would be a very big loss

Me too,Fulton has it all over Heighno on form and versatility.

@twenty20:

Given some of the problems we have had in recent seasons with injuries, I would like to think that some of the recent acquisitions I.e. Pettybourne and David Nofoaluma are there to sure up our depth a little. Ellis will be off at years end, I doubt Cashmere is a long term option and the likelihood of loosing players at rep time looks to also be a threat i.e Farah,Woods,Marshall,Lawrence and Molten (HA, couldn’t help but go the Stir). As much as I think Bell has done well for us, I expect Super League beckons at 32, Similarly I expect Junior Moors may be looking at a stint in the UK with some of his fellow enigmatic countrymen, while Groat will be offered a minimal contract from the Tigers and be lured to a Penrith or Parramatta who need to be looking at players with potential but minimal financial risk. these are just my opinions, I am not as well versed as some of you guys on the internal machinations of the club. I guess that this is my long winded response to maybe having Heignon around for another year, if he wants to be.

I am certain groat is one of the young blokes sheens has invested money in for long term

@willow:

@Rambo2714:

Heighno is contracted for next year.

Thanks willow , your a gentleman ( or woman )
, I take it that beyond he is not contracted ….

This year and especially against the cowboys have found it really frustrating watching him , he doesn’t hit gaps well at all , a few chances went begging against the cowboys . He plays more like a front tower then a back rower . His defense work load is great , would like to
See him dominate physically a bit more …

Basically I with Anasta on the books next year I would be happy to say good bye to heighno at the end of this season .

Fulton > Heinington.
I’ve always said I would of rather lost him than Gibbs.

I feel like he offers nothing, average @ best.
Decent defender, good club man and seems like a nice guy but that doesn’t matter too much.

I’d also like to say goodbye to him @ this season’s end.

Personally would like to see our pack line up as

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Blair
12. Anasta
13. Fulton

with a bench of

14. Ayshford
15. Pettybourne
16. Thompson
17. Prop signing / Groat / Bell / Dwyer