Origin effort gave me confidence: Farah

Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah says he finally feels like a State of Origin player and has returned to the NRL with renewed confidence following his impressive performance for the Blues in game one against Queensland.

Farah was a much-debated selection at No.9 for NSW for the series opener. But he was one of the Blues’ best in a losing side, after returning to the Origin arena for the first time since two underwhelming games in 2009.

After silencing his critics, including former Test prop and Tigers’ great Steve Roach, who had questioned his toughness and ability to play at the representative level, Farah said he was filled with a mixture of confidence and relief.

“I came under a fair bit of criticism going into the game, and after Origin I, came away with a lot of confidence, and a lot of relief too,” Farah said on Friday.

"It was a weight off my shoulders.

"Hopefully I brought that form back to club footy last Sunday and I will try and do it again this week.

“I do want to come back and perform like an Origin player at club level and that is the challenge for me at the moment. I don’t think my role here (at the Tigers) has changed but I am definitely feeling more confident.”

A key figure in Queensland centre Greg Inglis’s highly-controversial match-sealing try, Farah said his immediate focus was on Saturday’s match against Canberra. But the 2005 premiership winner is itching to get back into Origin camp to atone for the May 23 loss.

“I am just worried about the game on the weekend at the moment. But after that, hopefully I can get into camp after another win and get stuck in,” he said.

http://www.nrl.com/origin-effort-gave-me-confidence-farah/tabid/10874/newsid/67779/default.aspx

Fire up Robbie Farah best hooker for nsw and best caption for the tigers fire up and go u tigers.

Hopefully he can keep playing awsome for the rest if the year and win the dally m medal as he deserves it

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

In my opinion he’s second to cam smith only, climbing closer to him with every game while separating from the rest.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme