Stats to be updated
1. Moltzen - 51 metres in attack, 2 tackle breaks, 6 tackles
A very safe and controlled performance tonight. Did not get a chance to shine in attack, but in wet and slippery conditions he was safe at the back and defused several Raiders kicks in the in-goal.
2. Utai - 88 metres in attack, 1 try, 3 tackle breaks, 7 tackles
Another strong game from Matt tonight as his straight and hard running proved effective once again and he had no issues in defence tonight. Collected a try through a perfectly placed grubber kick from Marshall in a solid performance.
3. Ryan - 115 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 8 tackle breaks, 10 tackles, 1 missed tackle
Very good game tonight, really played well to the conditions and came up with one incisive run in the second half which resulted in a try for Lawrence. Also grabbed a try of his own after diving on a perfectly weighted grubber kick from Benji.
4. Lawrence - 61 metres in attack, 1 try, 2 tackle breaks, 8 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 2 errors
Solid game from Lawrence, although I don’t think he has done enough to force his way into the NSW side, unless Jennings is dropped or Morris injured. Still, he’s looking a lot sharper for the Tigers and has more of a spring in his step than he did at the start of the year. Still waiting to see him put into wide open space.
5. Tuqiri - 86 metres in attack, 1 tackle break, 2 tackles
Did not see a lot of action tonight, nor did Lawrence really. Still did nothing wrong though and looks a lot more comfortable out there and looks fit again.
14. Sironen - 78 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 1 offload, 9 tackle breaks, 18 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error
This kid was made for FG. Yes, I know it’s only his second game, but he looks in control out there and not flustered at all. It could have been a risky move starting young Sirro against a big Raiders pack at home in the wet, but he handled it like a pro and scored a try out of nothing. Nearly a grabbed another one in the second half and I think he’ll surprise a lot of opposition teams with his deception, guile and strength.
7. Marshall - 17 metres in attack, 6 goals, 3 try assists, 2 line break assist, 1 ofload4 tackle breaks, 7 tackles, 5 missed tackles, 1 error
Sublime performance tonight without having to overplay his hand at all. Kicked brilliantly in general play and landed 6 from 8 with the boot, missing two conversions from the sideline. His long kicking game was excellent as was his short kicking game, with 2 try assists from grubber kicks and another from a short ball to Fulton. MOM effort for mine.
8. Woods - 183 metres in attack, 1 offload, 1 tackle break, 25 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error
Deserves his call up to the NSW Origin side after getting the better of Shillington and TLL tonight. Made a ton of metres once again and got through a lot of work. He is Rowdy version 2.0 with his professional attitude and old head on young shoulders. The downside was that he conceded 3 penalties.
9. Farah - 29 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 1 try assist, 4 tackle breaks, 30 tackles
Another fine Captain’s knock, scoring a smart try out of nothing and directing the side well around the middle of the field.
10. Galloway- 175 metres in attack, 1 tackle break, 19 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error
Also deserves a call up to the NSW side after another dominating performance tonight. Really combining well with Woods and his fitness also looks very good, playing big minutes and providing good go forward. Go Keefy!
11. Blair - 96 metres in attack, 1 offload, 24 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error
Another solid game from Blair and I thought he was very effective in the first half after coughing up the ball early on. Didn’t see as much action in the second half, but he’s now looking a lot more comfortable out there and I’m liking the signs for the second half of the season.
12. Fulton - 95 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, tackle break, 27 tackles
Very good game back from injury tonight. Scored a neat try, ran smart lines and defended well as usual. Welcome back Fults.
13. Heighington - 74 metres in attack, 1 tackle break, 17 tackles, 2 missed tackles
Solid game from Heighno. Not outstanding, but did nothing wrong either.
15. BMM - 83 metres in attack, 1 try, 3 tackle breaks, 12 tackles
Solid game from big Ben tonight. Crashed his way over for a try through brute strength and was pretty safe in everything he did.
16. Bell - 68 metres in attack, 11 tackles
Worked well off the bench.
18. Reddy - 12 metres in attack
Only got a few minutes at the end.
20. Iosefa - 24 metres in attack, 3 tackles
Decent debut off the bench, but not in the same class as Farah. Handy backup to have all the same.
Try assists = 6
Offloads = 3
Line breaks = 6
Line break assists = 3
Tackles made = 229
Tackles missed = 18
1 on 1 tackles = 12
Tackle breaks = 40
Total metres gained = 1335
Possession = 61%
Completion rate = 37/44 (84%)
Errors = 6
Penalties = 6
Feel free to agree or disagree.