Origin 2 Team Announcement Today

Does anybody know if the announcement will be on 9 during the footy?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@Sabre:

Does anybody know if the announcement will be on 9 during the footy?

Fox sports news

same team as game 1 pretty much, just with 2 additions, Tim Grant and Choc Watmough

Brett Stewart
Jarryd Hayne
Michael Jennings
Josh Morris
Akuila Uate
Todd Carney
Mitchell Pearce
Tim Grant
Robbie Farah
James Tamou
Glenn Stewart
Greg Bird
Paul Gallen (captain)

Bench:

Trent Merrin
Luke Lewis
Ben Creagh
Anthony Watmough

Buhrer is 18th man……

I think it’s a good side other then creagh
Tim grant is a good player… I think Galloway deserved the spot considering he has debuted already and probably has better form

Replace Creagh with Woods it’s probably the best side NSW can name. Obviously a second impact back rower to go with Watmough would be nice but both T-Rex and Sims are injured.

Woods and Tamou are the best 2 props in NSW (if you don’t count Gallen)

I think that side could do the job. Queensland got on top when Hannant and Shillington got them going forward. Grant is a strong player and Watmough like Hayne is an origin type player.

@Yossarian:

Woods is playing well but he is VERY young. He has time to make the side, he isn’t getting snubbed. I predict he’ll train with the side to give him that experience. Grant has been a great young prop for a good 2-3 years, he deserves it.

I think Woods would struggle with the pace of the game, give away some silly penalties etc.

Good to see Gallen back where he belongs and 2 big front rowers in the starting line up - a much better combination, despite the omission of Woods. Oh well, he’ll get his chance soon, it’s early days for him yet. Grant has been playing strongly for a while now.

@Bismark:

@Yossarian:

Woods is playing well but he is VERY young. He has time to make the side, he isn’t getting snubbed. I predict he’ll train with the side to give him that experience. Grant has been a great young prop for a good 2-3 years, he deserves it.

I think Woods would struggle with the pace of the game, give away some silly penalties etc.

I’m not sure I buy that as an argument. He’s played over 40 NRL games.

That’s almost as many games as Jamie Buhrer and a lot more than Will Hopoate.

woods got caught offside 2 or 3 times against the raiders. he is a little slow in defense imo.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme