Life after Sheens

I just wanted to get the opinion of the forumers what direction the club should take when Tim Sheens decides to hang up the clip board, or is forced out.

Sheens in my opinion is a top class coach. Overall his time at the tigers has been positive, but not with out it’s disappointing seasons.

He clearly knows how to develop players, even with his often questionable positional selections.

At 6 in a row life is a little more sunny, but it wasn’t that long ago many were calling for his head. I would like to use this time to ask for his successor and preferable time frame.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Hopfully he stays we dont want to fall in the trap that eels are in we have a world class coach still go u tigers.

Todd Payten?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

He has been a muppet at time times but I don’t know if there is a better option out there.

Georgie…Steve Georgallis is the man. Tim sheens to to stay on as coaching director to help guide Georgie.

@tigersrule4life:

Hopfully he stays we dont want to fall in the trap that eels are in we have a world class coach still go u tigers.

Or we could go from strength to strength like the Broncos after Bennett. I’m sick of this perception that this club will fall apart and go backwards while the world begins to end the day this man leaves. A`lot of you don’t have a lot of faith in the club

@tigersrule4life:

I agree, there’s no better coach than Sheens on the market and the last thing we need is a new young coach coming in and trying to change things up. Sheens has earnt the right to go out on his own terms, I feel.

I think sheens will see out the benji and farah era, and then move on or become the coaching director. I can not see him leaving benji and robbie to another coach any time soon.

I’d like to see one of his assistants show a bit. The thing Sheens has done masterfully is create a team atmosphere that really promotes youth & gives them time to develop, instead of having to continually buy from outside the organisation. Whoever takes over from Sheens- I’d like to see them have that mentality as well.

It could be the Georgiallis is ‘that guy’. I always liked him as a player, and he seemed to be going ok at Penrith for a while. It’s interesting to see so many former players with roles at the club- Skando & Payten are obviously heavily involved now, as well as Mark O’Niell. While fresh ideas are great, having a grounding in what this club is about is not a bad thing.

If they could keep Sheens in a mentor/football operations/development type role after coaching- I’d be ecstatic. He is, simply, the best thing that has happened to Wests Tigers. Yes, he has some head scratching moments- but consider where we are NOW compaded to where we were under Terry Lamb, and you’ll understand. The whole atmosphere & perception of this football club has been revamped, upgraded & improved on under the guidance of Tim Sheens- wether you like him or not.

@GNR4LIFE:

@tigersrule4life:

Or we could go from strength to strength like the Broncos after Bennett. I’m sick of this perception that this club will fall apart and go backwards while the world begins to end the day this man leaves. A`lot of you don’t have a lot of faith in the club

You can’t blame anyone for being gunshy given our coaching history over the last 2 decades across Magpies/Tigers and then WT.

If we have to replace Sheens, I would chose either Hasler or Bellamy. If none of them is available, stick with Sheens.

Go Tigers.

Sheens will decide who replaces Sheens…theres talk its Ricky Stuart

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme