Website Updates and Changes

• Got a surprise this morning when i came in. A good surprise though. Looks great guys! Congrats!

• Hi guys

One thing that I can’t find (I am not as clever as you guys!!) is the “View New Posts” item usually under the Board Index.
    I would like to see that returned when you get time.

Tigergran

• Far outttttt. I had no idea the new forum was going to be as enormous as this. It’s fantastic. Congratulations and a massive thank you to all those involved.

I had some speed issues last night (Tuesday 6th) but it’s all working fine now (Wednesday 7th)

• its a great site.
    many thanks for the effort put in to get it happening.
    in time it will be then envy of all NRL fans.

• Very very impressive!
    Nice work.
    Thankyou to all concerned for all the effort that goes into this sort of thing!

• @alex:

Far outttttt. I had no idea the new forum was going to be as enormous as this. It’s fantastic. Congratulations and a massive thank you to all those involved.

I had some speed issues last night (Tuesday 6th) but it’s all working fine now (Wednesday 7th)

Thanks Alex… and yesh the speed issues should be resolved for now… fingers crossed

• Banned

Where is the "view active topics" option gone to in the new forum?

• Excellent work, everyone involved!

Just one issue I have with it - is it possible to default to the first comment in a thread rather than the last one? When I go into a thread, I have to scroll up to see what everyone is talking about… Yes, I know, I’m picky…

• There is no longer a view new posts button and it will not allow me to do it manually on the forums. Please restore this ASAP. It is vital. I get a

“sorry you are not permitted to use the search system”

• Other than that initial impressions are good.

• @Juro:

Excellent work, everyone involved!

Just one issue I have with it - is it possible to default to the first comment in a thread rather than the last one? When I go into a thread, I have to scroll up to see what everyone is talking about… Yes, I know, I’m picky…

Hi Juro

Go to User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Display Options, then Post Order - you can make either Descending or Ascending. That will work.

Tigergran

• Administrators

is anyone else having daylight savings issues?

• I haven’t checked to be honest but now I can’t find how to change the number of posts per page.
    I thought it’d be in user profile but I cannot find it. I would like to see more than a miserable 10 at a time. Thanks.

Edit: No DST problem.

• @senex:

I haven’t checked to be honest but now I can’t find how to change the number of posts per page.
    I thought it’d be in user profile but I cannot find it. I would like to see more than a miserable 10 at a time. Thanks.

For now we have set it to pull 10 at a time due to a heavy server load from the changes we have made. I will change this to 15 for now… but we should be moving to a brand new server over night and then I’ll up it to 20 or 25.

@senex:

There is no longer a view new posts button and it will not allow me to do it manually on the forums. Please restore this ASAP. It is vital. I get a

“sorry you are not permitted to use the search system”

The search function has been disabled for the same reasons i stated above… should be re-enabled once we change servers 😎

You can find the View New Messages link on the Log In module on the homepage once logged in. I will get this back on the forum pages however… it’s something i forgot about when i made the template.

@alexaki:

Where is the "view active topics" option gone to in the new forum?

I don’t remember this function… I will try and sort it out when i know what your talking about Alexaki

Cheers Mike

• Administrators

Some people are having trouble posting in the forum even thought they are logging-in at the front page.
    This is a known issue and we will be addressing it overnight.

Please bare with us as the teething issues are resolved.

Recent Topics