Website Updates and Changes

Got a surprise this morning when i came in. A good surprise though. Looks great guys! Congrats!

Hi guys

One thing that I can’t find (I am not as clever as you guys!!) is the “View New Posts” item usually under the Board Index.
I would like to see that returned when you get time.

Tigergran

Far outttttt. I had no idea the new forum was going to be as enormous as this. It’s fantastic. Congratulations and a massive thank you to all those involved.

I had some speed issues last night (Tuesday 6th) but it’s all working fine now (Wednesday 7th)

its a great site.
many thanks for the effort put in to get it happening.
in time it will be then envy of all NRL fans.

Very very impressive!
Nice work.
Thankyou to all concerned for all the effort that goes into this sort of thing!

@alex:

Far outttttt. I had no idea the new forum was going to be as enormous as this. It’s fantastic. Congratulations and a massive thank you to all those involved.

I had some speed issues last night (Tuesday 6th) but it’s all working fine now (Wednesday 7th)

Thanks Alex… and yesh the speed issues should be resolved for now… fingers crossed

Where is the "view active topics" option gone to in the new forum?

Excellent work, everyone involved!

Just one issue I have with it - is it possible to default to the first comment in a thread rather than the last one? When I go into a thread, I have to scroll up to see what everyone is talking about… Yes, I know, I’m picky…

There is no longer a view new posts button and it will not allow me to do it manually on the forums. Please restore this ASAP. It is vital. I get a

“sorry you are not permitted to use the search system”

Other than that initial impressions are good.

@Juro:

Excellent work, everyone involved!

Just one issue I have with it - is it possible to default to the first comment in a thread rather than the last one? When I go into a thread, I have to scroll up to see what everyone is talking about… Yes, I know, I’m picky…

Hi Juro

Go to User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Display Options, then Post Order - you can make either Descending or Ascending. That will work.

Tigergran

is anyone else having daylight savings issues?

I haven’t checked to be honest but now I can’t find how to change the number of posts per page.
I thought it’d be in user profile but I cannot find it. I would like to see more than a miserable 10 at a time. Thanks.

Edit: No DST problem.

@senex:

I haven’t checked to be honest but now I can’t find how to change the number of posts per page.
I thought it’d be in user profile but I cannot find it. I would like to see more than a miserable 10 at a time. Thanks.

For now we have set it to pull 10 at a time due to a heavy server load from the changes we have made. I will change this to 15 for now… but we should be moving to a brand new server over night and then I’ll up it to 20 or 25.

@senex:

There is no longer a view new posts button and it will not allow me to do it manually on the forums. Please restore this ASAP. It is vital. I get a

“sorry you are not permitted to use the search system”

The search function has been disabled for the same reasons i stated above… should be re-enabled once we change servers 😎

You can find the View New Messages link on the Log In module on the homepage once logged in. I will get this back on the forum pages however… it’s something i forgot about when i made the template.

@alexaki:

Where is the "view active topics" option gone to in the new forum?

I don’t remember this function… I will try and sort it out when i know what your talking about Alexaki

Cheers Mike

Some people are having trouble posting in the forum even thought they are logging-in at the front page.
This is a known issue and we will be addressing it overnight.

Please bare with us as the teething issues are resolved.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.