Sack Humphreys

There is saying in business that ‘a fish rots at the head’ .
It seems that most of our attention (anger) has been directed at Sheens & the players when in actual fact the people most responsible for using our membership/sponsor/NRL monies to run the club and develop/implement strategies that underpin the success of the club are the Chairman, Board of Directors & and their conduit, the CEO, Humphreys .

Humphreys will be responsible for the day to day running of the club and depending on how much the Board &Sponsors want to stick their nose in he should be ultimately responsible for hiring & firing coaches/ support staff/players and making recommendations to the Board . This means that Sheens works for him so if we have a problem with Sheens we should have a bigger problem with Humphreys & the Board cause they are the people charged with the responsibility for making the big decisions. And after reading the feedback from the forum on Humphreys on the the Game Plan to be fair and to stop the fish rotting at the head maybe we should have another thread - sack Humphreys. I’ ll bet that will get their attention!

I have no issue with Humphreys. It’s the coaching staff which needs to change.

While we aren’t the best run club (see bulldogs, souths, etc). I think most people have an issue with the onfield performances, which is sheen’s responsibility, not humphreys.

Ok. Who do you see as being responsible for hiring The coach?

@snowleopard:

Sheens was here before Humphreys, and we were a top 4 side last year when Sheens was offered his contract extension. And I don’t see how sacking Humphreys will benefit the club. You’re looking at chopping down the wrong tree with that axe. Humphreys has done an excellent job off the field for the Tigers which many fail to realise.

It’s Sheens job to get the players performing on the field.

@snowleopard:

Steven Noyce

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

we can’t all have a todd greenberg 😦

@willow:

@snowleopard:

Sheens was here before Humphreys, and we were a top 4 side last year when Sheens was offered his contract extension. And I don’t see how sacking Humphreys will benefit the club. You’re looking at chopping down the wrong tree with that axe. Humphreys has done an excellent job off the field for the Tigers which many fail to realise.

It’s Sheens job to get the players performing on the field.

Couldn’t agree more Willow, Sheens is responsible for the fact that we did not play well at all this season. Humphries is responsible for bringing in the sponsors and keeping them happy, not for the performance of the team

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Sorry should have said who is responsible for hiring or firing the coach or is it left to the coach to decide when it’s time to go?

Bring back Martin Bullock i say

@snowleopard:

Sorry should have said who is responsible for hiring or firing the coach or is it left to the coach to decide when it’s time to go?

Tigerflame?

@willow:

Amazing!

@Humpty:

‘‘Tim is our head coach, we continue to believe that he’s the best man for the job and that’s really the end of it,’’

Also Humphreys actions during the Moltzen rubbish was highly unethical

@GNR4LIFE:

Bring back Martin Bullock i say

Anyone got Ray Bernasconi’s number ?

@innsaneink:

@willow:

Amazing!

@Humpty:

‘‘Tim is our head coach, we continue to believe that he’s the best man for the job and that’s really the end of it,’’

Also Humphreys actions during the Moltzen rubbish was highly unethical

I still don’t see how sacking Humphreys benefits the Tigers Ink. With enough public pressure (and it is building), Sheens will either walk on his own accord, or the WT board will tell him to walk. The only issue with the board sacking him is the $1 million they’ll need to send out the door with him.

I think he’s been an excellent administrator for the club. We’ve had one bad season since he came here? The coach who was here when he arrived coached the team to the top 4 in 2010 and 2011. Okay 2012 has been a disappointment for us all but I don’t think sacking the coach is the obvious call some of you think it is. If we run 10th again next year and he does nothing then I’d agree with some more of the criticism he’s copping.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme