Time to make the magpie more visible.

I think if the Wests leagues clubs are going to pour more money into the WT, they should ask for a bigger Magpie to appear on the jersey. Something in return for their investment. This is nothing against the Balmain side of the JV, if anything return the Tiger per the JV, it looks awesome. Time for a WT make over.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

I agree with the Magpie bit…but it wont happen.

@tigermaniac:

I think if the Wests leagues clubs are going to pour more money into the WT, they should ask for a bigger Magpie to appear on the jersey. Something in return for their investment. This is nothing against the Balmain side of the JV, if anything return the Tiger per the JV, it looks awesome. Time for a WT make over.

Yeah , and while we’re at it put the word ‘Balmain’ on the jersey…. 😒

They should put a magpie on it, but not the one from the Western Suburbs logo.

@Sataris:

They should put a magpie on it, but not the one from the Western Suburbs logo.

Mate the Magpie appears on the jersey, just make it bigger. Just on the Tiger, question to the punters. Would you like to see a change of the Tiger logo.

IMO there should be an old Western Suburbs logo on one sleeve and an old Balmain logo on the other….to acknowledge where we came from.

To keep progressing the last thing the club needs is for fans etc to be splintered down the guts, the more that the club promotes and acknowledges it’s parents in equality the better in the long term.

Some people will be bitter either way until the end though I suppose.

I am an old Balmain supporter and I couldn’t have thought of a better club to amalgamate with than the Maggies.

At least either of us didn’t suffer the same fate as the Bears…what a tragedy the way they got rorted and done over. Now THERE is a group of fans who rightfully deserve to be complaining.

Up the mighty Wests Tigers for many years to come :sign:

I mean Balmain FC board (have always been) and are supportive of one nsw cup team…. The recent announcement is that ashfield will support a single nsw cup team (a decision that balmain had no say in).

Part of the ‘deal’ is for WSDRLFC to regain running of sg ball and matts (take over from WT) and administer the wests junior league (in a bit of a shambles) - all this has evolved from a recent harmonious relationship within the wests group (bad blood in the past)

As mentioned, the magpie diehards are upset as the funding that ashfield has poured in magpies nsw cup (and first grade till 1999) will cease (will now be poured into wt and wt nsw cup team)

Its sad state for both original identities but the announcement has some positives…

I’ve always been Balmain biased, but I think the magpie size is a valid request. If there’s no room on the sleeve due to sponsorships then I’m sure they could find somewhere else to put it on the jersey.

So you want to make the magpie a little bigger ? What’s the point?
We are one club now WESTS TIGERS. Not two. Its been over ten years now…

I’m happy for the Magpie on the Sleeve. But I am way past this Balmain/Wests Magpies thing.

We are Wests Tigers and I am happy with that. Move on.

I’d rather see the White be used and mentioned just as prominently as our other two colours. Being referred to as just the ‘‘Black and Golds’’ is loaded with ignorance and really grinds my gears

@GNR4LIFE:

I’d rather see the White be used and mentioned just as prominently as our other two colours. Being referred to as the just ‘‘Black and Golds’’ is loaded with ignorance and really grinds my gears

Oh how I agree with that statement!!

gold jersey, white shorts, black socks -black V with white trim
black jersey, black shorts, black socks - white V with gold trim
white jersey, black shorts, black socks - gold V with black trim

Design should be like our 10 year anniversary jersey - the “tooth” V while not the greatest design of all time is a reasonable and unique design.

And that should the evolution of a Wests Tigers identity

except less the daine lawrie part :brick:

Sorry to tell you this guys but Balmain and Wests are dead - every year the WT’s exist just makes the old clubs less relevant.

I’m a Balmain football club member and long time Balmain fan as well but if I ever got the chance to vote for a complete merger from top to bottom I would support it.

You can’t go backwards, you can’t try and survive on past glories, the WT’s need to start looking forward - not backwards or the merger will meet the same fate as the foundation entities.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme