Blue Balls Board

After years of Sheens having a lock on the position, even if we sign a new coach the man is going to have to perform immediately otherwise the board is going to get sack happy after years of not being able to wield any kind of power over the current coach. If a guy like Brown comes in and we come in the bottom few, you can bet the board won’t stand by him the same way they’ve stood by Sheens.

I’m afraid we’ll go from overly patient with the coach to overly impatient on account of years of the board hearing fans spewing about accountability and being unwilling (or unable) to do anything about it.

Look at the history of long term coaches leaving clubs recently.

Bennett leaves Broncos. Henjak lasts two seasons.
Smith leaves Parramatta. Hagan lasts a season and a half.
Folkes leaves Bulldogs. Bullfrog lasts two seasons.
Matty Elliott leaves Raiders. Neil Henry lasts two seasons.
Phil Gould leaves Roosters. Graham Murray lasts two seasons.
John Lang leaves Cronulla. Chris Anderson lasts two seasons.

Agree, the board won’t be as patient or lenient. Sheens wen’t 4 seasons with failure, a new coach like Brown or Folkes will be under a lot of pressure if they fall below the 8 next year.

Isn’t that a good thing? After years of being unaccountable it would be good for a coach to know that his job depends on results.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@tigerbalm:

Isn’t that a good thing? After years of being unaccountable it would be good for a coach to know that his job depends on results.

To an extent. I would hate to see us begin to shuffle through coaches like Parramatta have. The way they kicked Anderson to the kerb was absurd. I somewhat agree with moving Kearney on, not because of results but because they didn’t look likely to have a better 2013 with him there, there was no building blocks for the future. Ideally I’d like our coach to be given a three year contract with no results built in for the first year or two. I would like to see a deal similar to the one that Cleary has at Penrith. I look at their 2013 team and I see contenders written all over them. The way they rose to the occasion at times this year showed a lot of character and most importantly, respect for their positions and for their coach. They far and away had the least competitive team on paper but time and time again caused big issues for far better sides. Of course they had their poor moments too but that was to be expected with the worst team in the comp. They have made astute signings in positions they needed to. By cutting Lewis they were able to sign two players who will arguably provide as much impact. In many ways Lewis Brown plays the same as Luke Lewis and they got Sika Manu as a bonus! If he had results written into his contract for 2012, I doubt Penrith look as good for 2013.

We haven’t sacked a coach yet and I doubt we would in the future - we’re far too cheap! In fact it is hard to remember Balmain or Western Suburbs sacking a coach. The Magpies amongst us might have that info. On the Balmain side I remember back to the Cranky Franky Stantion years. Bill Anderson was only there for one year but I don’t remember him being sacked.

Maybe it just isn’t in our collective culture to sack coaches…

All that needs to happen is just be very careful who you pick as coach. If we must replace Sheens do it with someone who is going to be better for the club. This can be done just look at Hasler and Mcguire.

@Yossarian:

We haven’t sacked a coach yet and I doubt we would in the future - we’re far too cheap! In fact it is hard to remember Balmain or Western Suburbs sacking a coach. The Magpies amongst us might have that info. On the Balmain side I remember back to the Cranky Franky Stantion years. Bill Anderson was only there for one year but I don’t remember him being sacked.

Only your first sentence is relevant….let it go
Move on…2012

@innsaneink:

@Yossarian:

Only your first sentence is relevant….let it go
Move on…2012

Maybe you should follow your own advice. Nothing wrong with my post. Given the board is made up of Balmain and Wests board members I was simply wondering whether it was a cultural thing.

Yoss…your right they hardly ever sacked coaches they both couldn’t afford to.And lets face it whowould want to coach balmain or west back then

How hard was it to stick to the topic without thinking your above everyone else ink…wake up

You always rub people up the wrong way…specially the ones that disagree with you.

@tiger4ever:

Yoss…your right they hardly ever sacked coaches they both couldn’t afford to.And lets face it whowould want to coach balmain or west back then

How hard was it to stick to the topic without thinking your above everyone else ink…wake up

You always rub people up the wrong way…specially the ones that disagree with you.

There is tons on here that do it.Why do you single out Ink.Hmmmm.Maybe he doesnt think like you.

@Karma Tiger:

@tiger4ever:

There is tons on here that do it.Why do you single out Ink.Hmmmm.Maybe he doesnt think like you.

Or maybe because ink is the club champion at it

@tiger rocket:

@Karma Tiger:

@tiger4ever:

Or maybe because ink is the club champion at it

Quote tiger rocket

I think we as supporters of a club in crisis have more important things on our plate than sooking about other posters.Lets put the tissues away and focus our energies on the issues that count.the decline of our Wests Tigers.

i know a lot of people are upset and id like to sheens go to replaced by folks but at least there coin a long overdue clean out , still can’t believe lots resigned WTF

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme