Its long overdue !

I think it’s time that a lot of people get a grip.

All this talk of dissatisfaction with the club, not renewing membership etc etc is pretty pathetic.

If you are a club supporter you support the club, express your dissatisfaction for sure but keep supporting the club in the tough times as well as the good.

Sheens stay will probably end till the end of next year, a 1 year payout is more palatable than 2. The writing is on the wall. If it had been possible he would have been gone now but I think him staying for another year is probably the best result. By the end of next year a succession plan will probably be in place.

The movement of players is predictable. When Heighington was mooted as going to the Panthers everyone was bitching, now everyone is saying "thanks for your efforts, see ya !.

Players are expendable, everyone has a shelf life which is the way life is. You need some movement to bring the younger players thru.

I have no problem with moving any player as long as its in the clubs interest, don’t care whether its Marshall, Farah or whoever. If it’s in the best interest of the club and helps the player strength then do it.

The are obviously major changes underway and its about time as we have only had a drip feed of new players over
the last few years.

What I would love to see is a change in our playing style which will come when a new coach takes over.
We have never had a reputation for toughness, unrelenting forward pressure and defence, I’d love to see some of that come into play.

Have loved our open play over the years but the time is approaching for a change.

Bring it on !

Agreed with some of that, yes there needs to be movement to ever grow the club and blood younger players.
But keeping Sheens on for another year is not in the club’s best interest

@kh_canada:

Agreed with some of that, yes there needs to be movement to ever grow the club and blood younger players.

X2

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Approaching the need for change???

Wests have officially hit the change wall, crashed through it and are 2-3 seasons past change.

@tiga4eva:

@kh_canada:

X2

I agree. However have you a spare $1.5 Million (or whatever) to pay him out?

Farah is above the club as far as im concerned

@GNR4LIFE:

What, he’s hang gliding over Ashfield … or do you mean in a spiritual sense, or perhaps intellectual ?
Not quite following there, how exactly is Robbie above the club ?
Being at the cutting edge of twitter I can see he’s abreast of all things contemporary, and is without doubt one of the two or three best rakes in the game … but levitation, I fear is beyond him. :nerd: ❓ 😮

@Snodgrass:

@GNR4LIFE:

What, he’s hang gliding over Ashfield … or do you mean in a spiritual sense, or perhaps intellectual ?
Not quite following there, how exactly is Robbie above the club ?
Being at the cutting edge of twitter I can see he’s abreast of all things contemporary, and is without doubt one of the two or three best rakes in the game … but levitation, I fear is beyond him. :nerd: ❓ 😮

And that my friend is quote of the century. :roll :roll :roll :roll

@gatorman:

I have no problem with moving any player as long as its in the clubs interest, don’t care whether its Marshall, Farah or whoever. If it’s in the best interest of the club and helps the player strength then do it.

I think the main concern, at least for myself (although I suspect for others as well), is that we doubt the current management’s ability to make personnel decisions that are in the best interests of the club.

I think a lot of people have doubts as to whether the most recent player movements (releasing/not-re-signing Gibbs, Fafita, Heighington, Ryan, re-signing an injured, out of form and aging Tuqiri, bringing in an out of form Anasta, an aging Brent Kite (if that is who they’re trying to sign)) are actually going to improve/have improved the strength of the playing roster.

I’m also not looking forward to the idea of Sheens hanging around for one more lame-duck year, coaching a disharmonious club simply because it can’t afford to pay out his contract. Can the club weigh up the cost of punting Sheens versus the cost of another missed finals, or worse, a year spent at the bottom of the ladder?

If management could present some sort of indication that all these transactions were part of a well-thought out and reasoned plan to return the team to success then I’d be all for it. But instead it appears rash and amateurish smacking or desperation or worse, something more sinister (some kind of major cap problems relating to back-ended contracts that should have been planned for sometime well before now!)

Certainly it’s hard from the outside to see how the latest decisions relate to a clear identification of what went wrong last season and what needs to happen to address it (Ryan was one of our best players and is still young with a long career ahead of him. Tuqiri and Utai (no matter how well he played last year) probably have at best one more season in them, yet they’re being re-signed while other younger players are being forced out.

If established players were being forced out for some up and coming youngsters from our successful under 20 and reserve grade teams then great! If they’re being forced out because we need some scape goats, or to create cap room to sign over 30 players like Anasta and Kite (while ignoring glaring needs in the halves, centre and fullback positions) then I don’t see how that’s a recipe for long term success.

Is this the plan? A hail mary shot at a grandfinal run with an aging roster and a coach who would be gone if not for a clause in his contract? Doesn’t sound like much of a plan to me…

There are lots of requests for some information from management, but maybe they are staying silent because it is in the best interests of the club. Maybe they are dealing with players and other clubs behind closed doors to secure a number of quality players and a coach. We know what happened to Bennett and the Chooks.

Their lack of response may be in respect to the current players, coach that are moving on and toward the other clubs that may still be in the finals race. I know this doesn’t not explain the Beau and Highno situation, but it is the media stirring this pot not the Sharks or Tigers.

I am staying sane by thinking that this pond goes much deeper than any of us think but jeez I will be disappointed if it doesn’t.

A few points

1–-I was a supporter for years before I came a member, so like in the past I will remain a supporter but not be a member,

2—I have no problems with them moving on players with mutual agreement between both parties, my gripe is with who they move on and who they retain

3— No the club cant afford to have Farah up and leave. their is daylight between Farah and our next best player.

4—Sheens needs to go now, I dont care if Humpty coaches them but Sheens is destroying the place.

Anyway I will support them if they get the spoon and if Sheens is our coach or not, I would just love to see change

@Colonel:

@gatorman:

I think the main concern, at least for myself (although I suspect for others as well), is that we doubt the current management’s ability to make personnel decisions that are in the best interests of the club.

I think a lot of people have doubts as to whether the most recent player movements (releasing/not-re-signing Gibbs, Fafita, Heighington, Ryan, re-signing an injured, out of form and aging Tuqiri, bringing in an out of form Anasta, an aging Brent Kite (if that is who they’re trying to sign)) are actually going to improve/have improved the strength of the playing roster.

I’m also not looking forward to the idea of Sheens hanging around for one more lame-duck year, coaching a disharmonious club simply because it can’t afford to pay out his contract. Can the club weigh up the cost of punting Sheens versus the cost of another missed finals, or worse, a year spent at the bottom of the ladder?

If management could present some sort of indication that all these transactions were part of a well-thought out and reasoned plan to return the team to success then I’d be all for it. But instead it appears rash and amateurish smacking or desperation or worse, something more sinister (some kind of major cap problems relating to back-ended contracts that should have been planned for sometime well before now!)

Certainly it’s hard from the outside to see how the latest decisions relate to a clear identification of what went wrong last season and what needs to happen to address it (Ryan was one of our best players and is still young with a long career ahead of him. Tuqiri and Utai (no matter how well he played last year) probably have at best one more season in them, yet they’re being re-signed while other younger players are being forced out.

If established players were being forced out for some up and coming youngsters from our successful under 20 and reserve grade teams then great! If they’re being forced out because we need some scape goats, or to create cap room to sign over 30 players like Anasta and Kite (while ignoring glaring needs in the halves, centre and fullback positions) then I don’t see how that’s a recipe for long term success.

Is this the plan? A hail mary shot at a grandfinal run with an aging roster and a coach who would be gone if not for a clause in his contract? Doesn’t sound like much of a plan to me…

Wow! Colonel, you nailed it. My thoughts but I couldn’t find the words or time to put it as eloquently as you have.

Ive been a supporter for over 40 years……plenny tough times, few good
Member for last five years===No more for now tho
This clubs mine til I die…just because I object to a lot of things and decide to not spend money on the club does not automatically mean I stop supporting them…I wish people would get this thru their thick skulls

Wests Tigers For Life is what it means… I watch magpies struggle for years.

WT is part of a professional era in the game. They need to act professional at all levels ad ensure the fans are kept well informed and that decision making is consistent.

Sure, change is long over-due - for the coach and some players. But the management also need to consider that along with being a business, the club is also an entity. And as such, the fans need to also be considered.

Booting the fans’ favourite players in what seems to be a disrespectful manner will have repercussions, some that might be hard to recover from, and may have quite easily been avoided. Some of the WT star players are heroes in the eyes of fans, particularly young fans. And as such by punting them in this manner - be they a tv clown like Ryan, or a stalwart like Heighno - is bad business.

You might think that the odd kid shedding a tear here or there is unimportant, well I disagree. And I also know that among many young people who are not big in stature there is a huge amount of respect for Beau Ryan who plays with ticker and passion in a sport that favours big blokes - in fact he gives these young blokes hope.

Some people who are turned away, especially if they young, may not return at all. I’ll stay, like most on this forum but it is really leaving a very bad taste in my mouth too.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme