If you were in charge of a clean out ........

Name 4 players in no particular order of who should go.

Moltzen
Blair
Tuqiri
Ayshford

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

If I was in chagre
Out
Ryan -Keeping Utai and Tuqiri for one yr with Nofoaluma and Koroibete to be our starting wingers in 2014/2013
Heghington - We already have a heap of backrowers and hieghington offers no bench impact
Ayshford - Was a glaring weakness in defence and dint offer much in attack
Humble - Iosefa is a better hooker, Moltzen a better reserve half and FB as is Sironen and Anansta

In
Kite - We were short in the front row more then any other area in 2012
Masoe - As above
A Centre - With lawrence starting centre and reddy and simona in NSW cup - we need another centre because Ayshford isnt up to it and costs too much to keep

In general I would do exactly what the club is doing as for your 4 above - Blair shouldnt go , Tuqirir will provide great guidance for the young wingers and only a 1 yr contract unlike Beua who would need 3 and would hold back our star juniors, Moltzen gives up depth all across the bacline - a utility back (can play FB, HB, FE, Centre) who was our top tryscorer and top linebreaks is a greaty reserve for any team at a lowish cost

Moltzen
Groat
Reddy
Lote

Moltz ( although was top tryscorer top linebraker we can turn Tedesco into something more)
Lote ( have good wingers coming through aswell aswell as Beau being consistent if he was staying instead)
Humble (although is utile, what he offers is limited. Not needed)
Ayshford ( I like him, but is expensive, more loss than gain with the money we pay him and what else we could do with it)

As much as id hate to say it theres not one player they have let go id have kept. i reckon they should punt ayshford, lots, utai, humble and moltz as well. Id keep blair he was ordinary but did we play him right, probably not, did he feel part of the boyz club or was partially isolated since they signed him and let gibbs and fafita go.
On side note id love to have gibbs back he was always the first one in to protect a bro

@GNR4LIFE:

Moltzen
Groat
Reddy
Lote

Too much pressure on a 20 year old prop these days to come in and be consistant 1st graders,it just doesnt always happens just cause it happens to someone else

though to answer the question its probley easier to say who i would keep and it would be Woods/KG/Sironen/Tedesco/Korobetie and Fulton the rest i couldnt care less if they go or stay

How do we know what Ayshford is on? I have no idea but how expensive could he be? $200K, is chicken feed in todays player market.

Same with Humble. Given his creativity I would have thought he was worth keeping. How much could he be on?

I am glad other people make these hard decisions. I look at the squad individually and I don’t want to loose too many, but deep down I know they need to go.

Moors
Lote
Heighnington
Iosefa
Reddy
Moltzen

Take Moltzen our of the equation and the make up of the team looks a lot less complicated - although I don’t hate Moltz like others on here I just don’t think his skill set suit the positions we need to cover.

Adam Blair
Lote
Adam Blair
Utai
Adam Blair
Iosefa
Adam Blair
Groat

I know a lot of you guys like Utai, yes he runs harder then anyone in our team, but he’s getting old, is horrible under the high ball, isn’t fast enough and has little skill. surely there are numerous better options to play wing in the lower grades ? give John Grant a run, or throw chisolm on the wing, something…
Wish we still had Mullaney and Ryan. A promising young back rower, local junior who looks to be more then capable in 1st grade, but we only found out once he went too Parra.

I’d get rid of the bloke who refills the hand towels in the gents under the Latchem Robinson Stand. Always puts them in backwards so if you take one about 25 come tumbling out.

@Glen McWilliams:

I’d get rid of the bloke who refills the hand towels in the gents under the Latchem Robinson Stand. Always puts them in backwards so if you take one about 25 come tumbling out.

I hate that guy!!!

@Glen McWilliams:

He doubles up as our “Recruitment Manager” does everything backwards.

Out
Agree with Ryan and Heighnington. If Beau wasn’t on te footy show we wouldn’t give a shhh, Heighnington is a champion but will delay the progression of some 20’s coming through.
Ayshford, Moltzen, Tuquiri, Humble, Reddy.
SHEENS & HUMPTY.
In
We can’t axe everyone.
Benji and Robbie will flourish under a new coach, I just hope they stick around to find out?
After all the BS is done with we can come out the other side with a brand new spanker of a side.
I got for one am excited with the prospect of Tedesco and Sironen coming back. Koroibete to excel and Anasta will provide the cool head we’ve been missing.
Happy Days? lol

First off i like Beau & Heighno but one was told he wouldnt be signed after next year & decided to go, Beau had a three year contract to sign but got the dirts that his mate was going so he went. As i said they have given us plenty but they were the ones who decided to go so thanks for the memories boys. Two others i would let go are Humble & Reddy, thats my four.

Moltzen
Heighno
Ayshford
Reddy

I would definitely keep Ryan and Humble - both would benefit under a new coach.

Moltzen (reserve grader)
Reddy (too old better younger options)
Lote (see Reddy)
Utai (has impact but look for younger options)

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme