And more gossip...

According to NRL gossip, Rumours circulating that Sheens will soon announce he is off to the warriors and that Benji will enact a release clause in his contract allowing him to follow Sheens to NZ….

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Benji doesn’t have any get out clauses in his contract.

Pretty sure that was widely reported at the time.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that release clause was removed last time he signed on for a few more years.

This was on Tripple M this morning (Gus said it not as a rumour but just as an idea that popped into his head - like wouldnt it be wierd if) which is great except that clause no longer exisits and why would Benji give up his highly paid TV career and reputation in Sydney to become another darius boyd

That’s what I thought too, I think Benji would definately benefit from being under a different coach

Too bad he doesn’t have a clause

Benji would have to be an idiot to not see how much he would benefit from having a different head coach in his ear.

@boonboon:

This was on Tripple M this morning (Gus said it not as a rumour but just as an idea that popped into his head - like wouldnt it be wierd if) which is great except that clause no longer exisits and why would Benji give up his highly paid TV career and reputation in Sydney to become another darius boyd

But you ask some on here and the Benji/Sheens relationship is nothing like the Boyd/Bennett relationship. Despite the fact Benji has stated numerous times he never wants to play under anyone else and has had get out clauses in previous contracts, but somehow its not the same :crazy

Maybe the whole Warriors thing is a factor for him too…. Since hes a kiwi and all. But idiot to follow him, especially to that club! haha him and SJ would have no go forward with the backs at all.

@GNR4LIFE:

You know, at the end of the day, he doesn’t even need a cause.

If he goes that will certainly help the cap. Benji is one of my all time fav players but he has hit a point in his football life where I doubt he will get any better and if he dosnt want to be at the club nows the time to walk

@GNR4LIFE:

Disgraceful

He’s moved his whole family here, works on TV, so does his soon to be wife. Can’t see him moving back to NZ.

I don’t care benji costs us as many games as he wins us ….

@alexaki:

I don’t care benji costs us as many games as he wins us ….

With fans like this who needs enemies.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme