THIS IS THE EXPLANATION I JUST RECEIVED FROM WT HQ

Just phoned WT Headquarters to ask when information would be released to the fans about exactly what the hell is going on and hit them up about some questionable decisions that have been made and asked for an explanation.

I asked if Sheens was leaving and mentioned the forum and the general thought was we needed a new coach. He was unsure about that situation, and said it was still being worked out. And he wasn’t completely in the know for that information.

He told me the Ayshford rumour is false, and that he heard it straight from Blake. Made up
by the telegraph.

He said Heighno wanted a three year contract, but the club wouldn’t grant it due to junior talent coming through.

He stated Beau left at his own accord because he was following a mate and didn’t like the way Heighno was treated. He was shattered.

I asked if they were being replaced by new signings to which he couldn’t comment.

I asked why Beau and Heighno who give their all were released before numbnuts like Moltzen/Blair etc. I was told I would have to take that up with recruitment.

I also stated that the fans and members should be given more of an insight, to which he replied “there will be once a few more issues are sorted out”

Hope some of this may clear up some rumours a little. Some of this info may have just been a load of rubbish but this is what I was told.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Top job mate. Any info right now is appreciated.

Thanks. Just one question though. Who did you actually speak to?

@tigertye:

Just phoned WT Headquarters to ask when information would be released to the fans about exactly what the hell is going on and hit them up about some questionable decisions that have been made and asked for an explanation.

I asked if Sheens was leaving and mentioned the forum and the general thought was we needed a new coach. He was unsure about that situation, and said it was still being worked out. And he wasn’t completely in the know for that information.

He told me the Ayshford rumour is false, and that he heard it straight from Blake. Made up
by the telegraph.

He said Heighno wanted a three year contract, but the club wouldn’t grant it due to junior talent coming through.

He stated Beau left at his own accord because he was following a mate and didn’t like the way Heighno was treated. He was shattered.

I asked if they were being replaced by new signings to which he couldn’t comment.

Well if that’s true, great stand to take for a mate, but gee may live to regret it

I asked why Beau and Heighno who give their all were released before numbnuts like Moltzen/Blair etc. I was told I would have to take that up with recruitment.

I also stated that the fans and members should be given more of an insight, to which he replied “there will be once a few more issues are sorted out”

Hope some of this may clear up some rumours a little. Some of this info may have just been a load of rubbish but this is what I was told.

@Tigerpete:

Top job mate. Any info right now is appreciated.

X2 much appreciated TigerTye

Good on ya!

Surprised it only took a phone all to the club lol. No phones at the tele?

I am a bit shocked that the bloke anwsering the phones is a) given that much info and b) allowed to tell a member of the public - this is seems the most amatur part of it all to me

The club should only be making offical statements and not leaking like a civ as it seems to be

Dissapointing about Ayshford - was hoping we would sign a new centre

You mean Ayshford is NOT leaving? that’s probably the most disappointing news out of the lot.

Great stand to take for a mate if that’s true, may live to regret it though

Tbh club actions don’t sound too bad. Heigno isn’t worth 3 years and Beau will be 28 next year and probably won’t last 3 years in a starting role either. If Beau didn’t have a footy show gig then the reactions would be like those towards Brown leaving imo.
People are just scared/worried that Farah or Benji will leave as a result.

@ragedmachine:

You mean Ayshford is NOT leaving? that’s probably the most disappointing news out of the lot.

Not for me! He had a bad year, but he is talented and needs to be kept at the club, if we released him it would come back to haunt us.

@ragedmachine:

Had one bad season and is a write off?

Yet Beau Ryan has one bolter season after a tenure of utter garbage and is a blow to the heart of the club?

I don’t understand

@boonboon:

I am a bit shocked that the bloke anwsering the phones is a) given that much info and b) allowed to tell a member of the public - this is seems the most amatur part of it all to me

The club should only be making offical statements and not leaking like a civ as it seems to be

Dissapointing about Ayshford - was hoping we would sign a new centre

You never know who’s going to pick up the phone, especially during the off season. I remember years ago ringing up to ask about a signing and being read a list of the squad for next season!

I agree with what you’re saying although it is a tough balance I guess.

Cheers tye, so Beau left cause he didn’t like the way the treated Rhino, seems a bit overboard to me. I can understand the decision on Rhino and I can understand Rhino’s decision to ensure he is still playing beyond next year as well.

@tigertye:

by the telegraph.

Good on ya bud, lots of passion in the effort. I’m not bagging you but the WT in saying, I could have told you that. Dead set you can learn more off public toilet walls.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme