(Video) Beau Ryan's Footy Show Interview

Beau Ryan is a Superstar. I am lost for words how they could let a great player, a loyal player like that go.
If you haven’t seen his interview then here it is.

After watching this interview I’m still lost for words

They didn’t let him go, he left.

Heads must roll for this this.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

@Kul:

Coach,mgmt or players?

@Florrie:

They didn’t let him go, he left.

Disagree Florrie If they had stuck a piece of toilet paper in front of Beau with a roughly drawn out contract Beau would of signed

He was left with no option in the end , he like us needs a pay packet to survive from week to week

The club will have done this on purpose , trust me Seen it all before , ask any player who has been forced out of a rugby league club in the last 20 years

The management of these clubs are like car salesman Tell you the world ,offer you nothing when it comes to the crunch

Why didn’t he chase up his contract if he was so keen to stay ?

The club are not blameless in this, but this was the work of Beau’s manager, not the club letting him go. It’s no coincidence that Beau and Heighno have the same manager, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the manager was shopping them around as a package deal.

It needs to be remembered that both players had contracts with us for next season, so this is hardly about leaving them in the dark. Beau agreed to a new deal, they hadn’t sorted the paperwork out and his manager decided that means he should feel unwanted. I don’t think Heighno was offered a contract beyond 2013, so clearly the manager went about shopping them around as a package for longer term deals.

@Benjirific:

The club are not blameless in this, but this was the work of Beau’s manager, not the club letting him go. It’s no coincidence that Beau and Heighno have the same manager, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the manager was shopping them around as a package deal.

It needs to be remembered that both players had contracts with us for next season, so this is hardly about leaving them in the dark. Beau agreed to a new deal, they hadn’t sorted the paperwork out and his manager decided that means he should feel unwanted. I don’t think Heighno was offered a contract beyond 2013, so clearly the manager went about shopping them around as a package for longer term deals.

I think your spot on there mate. Fair enough he says he felt wanted but I reckon his manager found him a better deal and he took it and good luck to him and rhino.

All the other things he said may be true but for me it comes down to that

Correct Benjiriffic. Beau had a dummy spit because his mate was not going to be offered an extended contract. I expect that the Tigers had trusted him on a handshake deal but because Beau classes his friendship with Heighno as being more improtant that the Wests Tigers he let his manager shop them around.

After the Moltzen debarcle we probably should have signed him up earlier - who knows maybe we were keeping our options open - but I am less concerned about it now. Beau was solid enough and I would have been happy for him to be there for a while, but he is a winger and there are plenty of others.

The cronulla tigers can have the boys club now!

The more I think about it the more it makes me a little sick. All this crying and whinging over mates leaving just goes to show there was def a clique inside the team. How dare they be broken up. A bit over the top for me.

Who’s to say the blokes who come in won’t be great blokes and players they want to play with? Carrying on like love struck teenagers. Concord oval or the school playground?

I’ll still have respect for Beau Ryan no matter which club he goes to.

@Kul:

CEO’s

Wayne, not Wayne Beavis?

If so, that explains everything. I don’t remember the details but he went through the wringer for a bunch of stuff a few years ago.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme