How are we going to attract players

With all the rumours, speculation, players leaving, coach under review and the whole saga being played out like a sad Soap Opera how are we going to attract players to the club???

From what I have been reading on this forum we are after Brent Kite and Michael Jennings.

Why would these players bother to sign with WT knowing the ongoing saga and possible fall outs with players and coaches and Management relations.

Marshall last night was clearly upset about Ryan and Rhino.

If I was Kite I would take less money and stay with a winning team and culture.

Jennings is also on St George radar who appears to be more stability.

I love the West Tigers but fear real damage for the next couple of years if it is not resolved quickly.

Management need to get rid of Sheens asap and appoint a new coach and be more forthcoming with player movements. So far evertthing has been handled so badly

@everett:

be more forthcoming with player movements.

what do you want them to do?

confirm or deny every rumor.

i don’t get what people mean when this is said.

what is wrong with announcing only the players you actually sign.

@everett:

With all the rumours, speculation, players leaving, coach under review and the whole saga being played out like a sad Soap Opera how are we going to attract players to the club???

From what I have been reading on this forum we are after Brent Kite and Michael Jennings.

Why would these players bother to sign with WT knowing the ongoing saga and possible fall outs with players and coaches and Management relations.

Marshall last night was clearly upset about Ryan and Rhino.

If I was Kite I would take less money and stay with a winning team and culture.

Jennings is also on St George radar who appears to be more stability.

I love the West Tigers but fear real damage for the next couple of years if it is not resolved quickly.

Management need to get rid of Sheens asap and appoint a new coach and be more forthcoming with player movements. So far evertthing has been handled so badly

Who wants to play for basketcases ?? Answer Basketcases No one worthwhile would be my answer

Every club goes through issues - ours will be sorted and forgotten about in a week or 2. Players undetrstand that it happens everywhere.

Kite is at Manly a club well know for being a much bigger basket case then us - Board infighting, players leaving (Kite, Williams, Wolfman, Rose all likely to go this yr), coache and most support staff leaving and players threatening to follow a week after winning the GF last yr

Jennings at Pennies who went through this all year

Parra- Basket case, Melbourne - Salary cap dramas , etc etc - Every club goes through it and ours is only a week or so of infighting to sort the issue and then it will be over - it excites us because we all care too much but really it isnt that dramatic

We will always be able to attract players so long as we pay in Australian dollars. That’s the nature of the sport.

Money = Attraction - it’s simple as that!
There’s no magic formula for it!

A team that turns up for 26 weeks regardless of the result is a good start

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme