Doesnt it feel great!

• Before our own eyes on Monday night we saw the shackels of Sheens released. Its all over.
    We all witnessed for the first time a different Wests Tigers team.
    The transformation has begun & the wheels are in motion.
    All Belly Ache said that they were flat. But boy didnt we shake them up!
    Melbourne had to be at their best to rub us out.
    I dont know why but this feels like a win.
    Cancel the referees & we were the best team that night.
    Welcome to the Potter era.
    Doesnt it feel great!
    Thank you Manly for waking the sleeping giant.

• Totally agree. Last night is the first time since 2011 that I was excited watching us play. Its still gonna take time to tune the side but there were some real good signs out there. A new game plan for starters.

• Melbourne weren’t flat. They took us for granted and were overwhelmed. Took them 60 minutes to take the game off the back of the referees.

• Half time was our worst enemy. Bellamy ripped it up them and they came out a differnt team, but credit where credit is due, Tigers were the stronger team on the night.

• I’d like to see it fairly consistently before I get too excited….if we can put in performances like that on a regular basis and then build from there…then we can get excited

Seen it before, stirring inspired performances on the back of a pathetic effort the week before.

• @Cultured Bogan:

Melbourne weren’t flat. They took us for granted and were overwhelmed. Took them 60 minutes to take the game off the back of the referees.

agreed
    We made them look flat
    It was our defence, our game plan, which kept them wrapped up.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• Banned

@Shooshmeister:

Half time was our worst enemy. Bellamy ripped it up them and they came out a differnt team, but credit where credit is due, Tigers were the stronger team on the night.

They did come out firing but so did we. Dont forget we were up their end a fair bit for the first 20 after half time and should have been up 18-6 after 15. Melbournes class did shine through in the end but only because they were gifted field position…they did make some breaks at the end but our blokes were buggered by then due to triple back to back penalties down our own end. They are a far too skilled and well drilled side to give so much ball to.

There was certainly a huge change in attitude though and I did enjoy that - it did feel like a win of sorts AHX but Ink is right. We do have a history of bouncing back after a towelling and we do enjoy being giant killers. Lets hope this wasnt a ‘one off’ and continues against all opposition. It is much easier to take a loss when you can see the boys had a dig and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Interesting times ahead.

• @innsaneink:

I’d like to see it fairly consistently before I get too excited….if we can put in performances like that on a regular basis and then build from there…then we can get excited

Seen it before, stirring inspired performances on the back of a pathetic effort the week before.

nah nah nah Ink - this time it was different.

• Melbourne are also more game hardened due to World Cup challenge. Hopefully we’ll keep that up and get closer to an 80 minute team over the next month

• Agree 100% normally I will record the match and if we lose then delete it straight after, but last night that didnt happen as it felt as a win , not only because we were the better side for most of it, but the feeling that under Mick Potter we could be developing that toughness once we can replicate that for the full 80 mins.
    I can live with not making the 8 this year if all this work pays off for 2014 and the signs are there for a bold new Wests Tigers

• @mtd:

@Cultured Bogan:

Melbourne weren’t flat. They took us for granted and were overwhelmed. Took them 60 minutes to take the game off the back of the referees.

agreed
    We made them look flat
    It was our defence, our game plan, which kept them wrapped up.

reminds me of 2010 - when our sleeping giant got woken after the drubbing against souths 50-10

for a while there every team we played against said the same thing “Nah, we played really bad, and were flat” and for weeks I kept saying to anyone who would listen - “NO! Its not they THEY were flat!! We MADE them flat by out-enthusing them!”

week in, week out - “its not that the tigers were good, we just played bad”

I like where we are right now. Written off, and evolving. 😃

• It does feel great and we will be even better this week against St. George.
    I guess Potter had to see for himself about Miller but it was a good call hopefully he makes the right call this week with Benji’s replacement.

• @innsaneink:

I’d like to see it fairly consistently before I get too excited….if we can put in performances like that on a regular basis and then build from there…then we can get excited

Spot on.

When we got hammered last week I said it’s still a bit early to gauge the team yet. A week later and yes we’ve improved in a major way but again, it’s a little early to gauge this team. Let’s give it a few more weeks and see how they’re traveling before we either get excited or feel disappointed.

• After all is said and done we must keep the momentum going. Let’s hope as many Wests Tigers supporters as possible make it to the SCG this Sunday to get behind and inspire their team.

• @Chris:

@innsaneink:

Spot on.

When we got hammered last week I said it’s still a bit early to gauge the team yet. A week later and yes we’ve improved in a major way but again, it’s a little early to gauge this team. Let’s give it a few more weeks and see how they’re traveling before we either get excited or feel disappointed.

Im excited already Chris - i never seen this type of football before from us.
    It was semi final football in Easter.
    The Sheens in us is dissipating.
    The Potter is coming out.
    Yes it might take time - but im all in for this brand of football.

But i have to admit i am scratching my head because we did it without Fulton.

Recent Topics