The rant thread

• Ok so I’ve decided to create a thread purely based on stuff that p’s you off. Can be about anything in life, anything from footy to women to religion to politics, anything at all.

I’m going to get it started with a little rant on social media, or specifically facebook, or even more specifically a trend on facebook

Do you know what i hate? I hate how you get all these do gooders trying to make themselves look good by sharing quotes or pictures either supporting or showing distain for a certain event that may be happening in the world at that time. Examples would be when we had the Koni thing. In real life i doubt anyone would really have given what was happening much thought at all, but the moment you are sitting in front of a computer people seem to become instant humanitarians and think its important that they be seen supporting a cause just because a large group of people on the internet do. That’s 1 example, now i wanna share one more and this was the inspiration for me to make this thread. The Boston bombing, there’s a pic circulating on facebook of a little girl running what looks to be a marathon with some bs quote about how she was one of the fatalities in the bombing, when in fact the child who died was an 8 yr old boy. Just an example of how at the first sign of a catastrophic event social media try turn it into a spectacle and a trend without even looking into the facts first.

Thats my rant to get things started. Feel free to add your own. We don’t have to all agree, this thread just like the forum in general is based on opinions, and if we are all civil with one another i don’t see why this thread can’t be a success

Rant away

• Hate them photos that people put up saying 1 like = 1 prayer for some sick little child. Drives me nuts.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

• every good forum has a rant thread.

• I hate how the media on the big three commercial networks lead their news with just crap sensationalist stories and so many good reports that should be broadcasted are stuck on the ABC. Watching the Logies and the outstanding reporting segments and there were some excellent reports that I did not know of.

Apparently the general public needs to be more concerned about how one Wanderers fan threw a glass on a table at the last soccer derby which was then broadcasted as a riot on Church St. It wasn’t a good look but should never have led the nightly news.

• Banned

i hate seeing so many metros these days with sleeve tats. when the hell did this fad take off?? ive been overseas for 5 years only to return this christmas just past to find every second male i see at the local malls in Newie wearing tight shorts , pink tshirts, gel in the hair and a try hard tat. when did the tat become part of the metro wardrobe? it used to a thing for blokes that were hard not pidgeon chested mummy boys.

• I hate people who think they can say or do whatever they want to people in the service industry

Treat people like you’d like to be treated , and if you aren’t happy with the service don’t go back

• Bastards that sit at the lights when they turn green, that are obviously texting, who then wake up when everyone else gives them a blast on the horn….only for them to shoot thru the intersection as it goes red leaving the rest stuck for another few minutes

• anyone who thinks they are bigger than the law… smoking at platforms, trains etc.
    pss drinking, then acting like a goon
    breaking seats at the stadium

• @innsaneink:

Bastards that sit at the lights when they turn green, that are obviously texting, who then wake up when everyone else gives them a blast on the horn….only for them to shoot thru the intersection as it goes red leaving the rest stuck for another few minutes

doesn’t happen to me too much….maybe I’m the one texting 😊

haha, nahh i’m usually alright

@tig_prmz:

anyone who thinks they are bigger than the law… smoking at platforms, trains etc.
    pss drinking, then acting like a goon
    breaking seats at the stadium

I doubt they think they are bigger than the law. I doubt they think at all.

• it’s just annoying when people break the rules.
    esp in a public place, they just do their own thing. no regard of the public at all.

i have a wanderers fan on fb… putting up bloody statuses every 2 seconds about how he stickerbombed this place and this other place etc etc… well guess what… someone is gonna have to clean it up eventually.

graffiting, tossing, spitting etc. just plain dumb and annoying.

• Alan jones really p’s me off. He has been giving the industry I work in a hammering lately and the stuff he comes up with is just absolute crap. What makes me even crankier is the people who stop me in the street when I’m in my work uniform and abuse me because Alan jones has filled their head with rubbish.

• People on CityRail in the morning peak hours who insist on sitting on the aisle, don’t just move over or stand up and let you through. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :rant

• @tig_prmz:

it’s just annoying when people break the rules.
    esp in a public place, they just do their own thing. no regard of the public at all.

i have a wanderers fan on fb… putting up bloody statuses every 2 seconds about how he stickerbombed this place and this other place etc etc… well guess what… someone is gonna have to clean it up eventually.

graffiting, tossing, spitting etc. just plain dumb and annoying.

yeah i get ya, although I dont mind graffiti too much. As long as its done somewhat tastefully. The massive ones on the side of trains…piss off. and same to the bad ‘tagging’ But when theres like a dedicated wall you can get some really good work on em in my opinion.

• People who never stop complaining about everything……

• @cktiger:

People who never stop complaining about everything……

Moltzen fans ……they are the worst 😉

Recent Topics