1. Tedesco - Made one error that led directly to a try. Slipped over too much. Was otherwise damn good. Among our best.
2. Utai - Was hopeless and then got injured.
3. Reddy - Solid as usual.
4. Simona - Started well but faded. Was ok.
5. Koroibete - His worst performance in first grade by far.
6. Marshall - Was completely missing.
7. Sironen - Can’t be there next week. Offered nothing.
8. Woods - It’s amazing how good he is in our hopelessly flogged side. Unfortunately these poor performances might cost him his origin spot.
9. Farah - Never gave up. Without him I shudder to think what we’d be. Can’t blame him for “trying too hard” when Marshall and Sironen do nothing at all.
10. Sue - Offered more than Buchanan has in the front row. Showed a bit of a mean streak. Reasonable dig.
11. Fulton - Never stopped trying and again was among our best despite offering little in the way of impact.
12. Blair - Invisible. Can’t last much longer.
13. Pettybourne - Had a dig.
14. Murdoch-Masila - Barely sighted.
15. Buchanan - Reasonable from the bench. Improved on recent efforts.
16. Spence - Knocked out in his first involvement so n/a.
17. Thompson - Little game time and wasnt really involved outside of getting a penalty when he dropped it.
Bolded were our best. Each week we find new ways to be beaten. Rather than being punched up on the fringes we lost the game under the high ball. We’re not losing these games in the pigs guys so quit it with the catch cry of “need more props.” Our wingers and halves are not performing.
I can’t put Reddy down as being one of our best. Pettybourne had a real go. Fulton always has a go. Farah is something else. I thought that was an average game from Woods - he was still good but not great.
Tedesco needs to take every bomb and hold onto every ball. As soon as he does this he will be a great player.
I agree 100% with your last comment. Our back 3 are making too many mistakes and our halves are doing next to nothing. I think our forwards still need some work but the mistakes are what are killing us.
This side is just finding ways to lose matches. There is little confidence in this team. Next week could be very ugly.
I liked Sue’s game. He looks like he’ll have a good FG career.
Farah was awesome. Fulton and Woods were good too. Sironen and Tedesco tried hard. The rest just need to show a lot more.
I’d like to see big Ava back for Spence. Poor Spence didn’t last long tonight but he has been one if the quieter players while Ava has looked good. I’d start Blair at prop too. The added responsibility may see a better game out of him.
People in this thread saying pettybourne tired hard -he made less meters and less tackles then Adam Blair -he didn’t try hard he was crap.
We need decent forwards -we make no meters and we go backwards in the tackle always. We shouldn’t let the opposition be in a position where they are kicking a bomb from 20 meters out every set.
tedesco -ran hard which is good but made 2 simple errors and didn’t get their enough to support Koroibete
Utai -ran hard as always and they didn’t kick to him tonight so he was solid
Reddy - did nothing much and then dropped a bomb for a try (he gets high but he can’t catch)
Simona- was I pressed in a crap team he was solid and even dangerous could be good with a better pack
Koroibete- horrible under the high ball which cost us lots of points but ran hard all night despit looking really injured for the whole match
Mrshall - didn’t do much but kicked solidly and what can u expect with no forward pack
Sironen - missed 3 tackles, didn’t do much n attack as above needs a forward pack before he can be judged but maybe a yr in nsw cup would help his development
Pettybourne - crap did nothing , showed nothing despite getting the chance to start -less meters and less tackles then Blair
Blair - defended well, did the small things well but needs to do more in attack although was playing better till potter moved him to the edge a couple of weeks ago
Fulton -tackled great but again nothing in attack
Woods -ran hard, tackled hard, played too many minutes but is the only forward so what else can they do
Farah -solid , tried too hard perhaps but our best as always with woods
Sue -injured early and then came back on and tried hard but isn’t a prop
Bmm - tackled solidly but nowhere to be seen in attack maybe the rumours are true
Buchannan -solid but as most 20 yr old props he needs a break from first grade for his own good
Thompson -hardly played and didn’t do much when he did
Pettybourne was ok ? He was brought into start to make some meters and he made 59 from 8 hit ups all night -Blair made more meters from the same hitcups where is the Adam Blair ran hard with aggression
Dont think so
I saw blair more involved last night but still not enough