Quade Cooper

• Our recruitment has been pretty ordinary but whats one more mistake. I think we should take a risk on him if he is asking for the right price.

• Administrators

Yep, I’d go for him

• I think, 300-350k on a 2 year contract + performance incentives.

We don’t want another Adam Blair.

What do people think he can add to the team though? Seems to me that we actually have enough props for the future but not enough mongrel type 2nd rowers. We have Woods, Groat, Buchanan, Gavet, Galloway, Sue Suaso and Ava. If someone besides Gavet or Ava leaves from there we’ll need another prop but right now we seem okay. Compared to our second rowers: Adam Blair, Anasta, Fulton (great but doesn’t offer that intimidation and go-forward we need), Pettybourne, Thompson,

• another speed hump, another big ego to manage, no thanks.

• He can’t tackle in Union, he certainly won’t be able to in League.

• He can certainly play and would be dynamic, id play him at fullback, i reckon he’d do very well there.

He will be very expensive. He could command $1 mil in rugby, he may take a pay cut if he wants to play league, but it wont be all the way to the amount we would pay

• He’s done SFA in yawnion for the past few seasons. I don’t think he’d be a good buy. From what I’ve seen there is zero to suggest he would be an upgrade from Benji and his pricetag would be similar. If we’re going to take a gamble I’d rather it be on Moses and Brooks.

• Yeah good points, When I say the right price I think anywhere between 300 to 500k and even then I think it is too much. But he will want more for sure. I dont even know where he would fit anyway, Brooks, Moses are staying for sure and teddy is starting to play well.

• Isn’t Kurtley Beale a more realistic prospect ??

• would not take him with your money, we have benji , who is a speed hump, dont need another.

• Two Benjis in one team .no thanks

• He is not really a match winner, at times he disappears or makes the wrong call when his team is down and out.
    Benji does similar things. We need someone with a good head and smart thinking next to Benji otherwise someone like Cooper will make our woes even worse.

• @bigsiro:

Isn’t Kurtley Beale a more realistic prospect ??

I think he is in rehab or something, so we could be buying more trouble there too ?

• Banned

Oh God we’re not having to resort to discussing this tosser again are we?

• @Yossarian:

He’s done SFA in yawnion for the past few seasons. I don’t think he’d be a good buy. From what I’ve seen there is zero to suggest he would be an upgrade from Benji and his pricetag would be similar. If we’re going to take a gamble I’d rather it be on Moses and Brooks.

He has been outstanding this year for the reds.

He had a bad world cup, other than he has been very good.

Recent Topics