Blair Being Shopped Around

• Blair shopped around to rival clubs

Zero Tackle
    – May 20, 2013Posted in: Adam Blair, News, Wests Tigers

Blair for sale

The Wests Tigers have told under-performing forward Adam Blair he can leave if he gets an offer.

Blair has been shopped around to rival clubs but his massive $500,000 a season contract is a major stumbling block.

The Tigers are prepared to pay some of his wage for next season, but haven’t been swamped by takers either here or in England.

Blair has acknowledged he needs to do more but I didn’t see any evidence of it against the South Sydney Rabbitohs. In fact, his performance was deplorable.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/blair-shopped-around-to-rival-clubs-9657/#ixzz2To9HYimg

• Man, so disappointed with Adam. Was really excited when he signed up.

• The best way to offer him to another club is to do it as a package with one of our promising juniors…

• I think disappointed sums it up with Adam. Expected a lot more from him. At times, getting the bare minimum out of him has been a struggle. Can’t blame people for questioning his desire.

• Banned

Nobody wants to buy damaged goods.

• Make a player swap, Junior Moors for Adam Blair!

• It will be hard for us to find a club that will pay the right price otherwise its going to cost us. I expect you are right Tiger Watta there may lose two to get rid of him. Pettybourne?. I wonder who the other players on the outer are? There is a few more I think.

• why does he have to be sold for 500k? Not really sure how this salary cap thing works but can we sell him for 350 and pay the 150 difference for 2 seasons?

• @pHyR3:

why does he have to be sold for 500k? Not really sure how this salary cap thing works but can we sell him for 350 and pay the 150 difference for 2 seasons?

yes… but it gets messy if he was backloaded???

• No club will touch him for 500 grand, we would have to pay at least 200g of it. We will end up shelling out a lot of cash on people who are not at the club in Sheens and Blair

• Banned

I can’t see anyone wanting to touch his contract they way his been playing. team announcement will be interesting tomorrow. maybe his gotta move 2 prop and try and get 40 mins from him and hope some club is tempted.

• another great move by recruitment….way overpriced to begin with and now we’re paying for it…

• if we pickup enough of the contract slack, a few coaches might be interested and believe they can turn his form around.

• @Tigerdave:

another great move by recruitment….way overpriced to begin with and now we’re paying for it…

Maybe they can take Blair and McDonnell….throw in Potter as well.

• If we pay 200k and another club pays 300k what happens with the salary cap?
    Does each club have their respective payments go under their cap or does the whole 500k go under the cap of whoever buys him?

Recent Topics