Woman says Ben Te'o assaulted her



  • A BRISBANE woman has contacted Queensland police alleging she was physically assaulted by Queensland Origin forward Ben Te’o in the presence of fellow NRL players Corey Norman and Darius Boyd.

    News Limited can reveal Norman, the Broncos fullback, made a 000 emergency call after the alleged incident, which left the woman with a black eye and facial injuries.

    The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has told police she was punched by Te’o. On Monday, she conducted a tell-all interview with Channel Nine, which will be aired tonight (Wednesday).

    In the interview, the woman claims: “I was laying in the hallway with blood everywhere … I could have been dead for all they know.”

    South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson has been made aware of the allegations against Te’o, who joined the Rabbitohs this year after four seasons with the Broncos between 2009-12.

    Richardson did not return calls to News Limited this morning but sent a text message saying the Rabbitohs will hold a press conference at 1.30pm today.

    It is understood Te’o - who made his State of Origin debut for Queensland last year - will vigorously defend the allegations.

    The woman has spoken with police but has yet to lodge a formal complaint. No charges have yet been laid.

    The alleged incident occurred after the Test match between Australia and New Zealand, played in Canberra on Friday, April 19.

    The following night, Te’o and Newcastle fullback Boyd, who played in the Test match for the Kangaroos, visited Norman in Brisbane.

    The woman is understood to have returned to Norman’s Brisbane home, where Te’o lived during his time with the Broncos.

    It is alleged an altercation broke out between Te’o and the woman, who was left with bleeding near her left eye.

    One of the players immediately fled from the premises.

    Sources told News Limited Norman attended to the woman, attending to her eye with a towel before ringing police, who arrived to interview the parties.

    Details of the alleged incident have emerged just a week after the NRL celebrated its Women in League round.

    Broncos chief executive Paul White declined to comment when contacted this morning. Newcastle boss Matt Gidley did not return calls to News Limited.

    The development also comes at an inopportune time for Queensland. The Maroons team for Origin I is named Monday and both Te’o and Boyd were expected to be included for the series opener at ANZ Stadium on June 5.

    It is not yet known if Te’o will be stood down by the Rabbitohs and whether the alleged incident will affect his chances of being picked for Queensland.


    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/woman-says-queensland-origin-and-former-broncos-player-ben-teo-assaulted-her-as-incident-reported-to-police/story-e6freon6-1226648294205



  • from ben teo …… I wish to make the following statement in relation to rumours circulating about an incident which occurred approximately one month ago in Brisbane.

    I am making this statement on the understanding that a television network intends to broadcast a story this evening which does not give a true account of the incident.

    I have not provided a statement to this network in response to the story.

    I understand that the news story contains a claim by a female that I was involved in an altercation with her at a house in Brisbane.

    I have not been informed of the exact nature of the news story, however I am able to refute entirely any suggestion that I acted improperly.

    On the night in question, I found myself in unfortunate circumstances that were not caused by me and I acted appropriately to deal with a difficult situation.

    I called the police to report the incident and have the female removed from the house.

    I have not pressed charges against the female and to the best of my knowledge no charges have been laid against me.

    I don’t wish to go into any further detail about this matter because I regard the incident as unfortunate and something I wish to leave behind me.

    I have offered my co-operation to the Police, the NRL integrity unit, my Club and other authorities to ensure that this matter is dealt with in the appropriate way.

    To this point I have not had any contact from the Police since their attendance at the house, and neither my management nor my Club have had any contact from the Police or the female at the centre of this news story.

    Accordingly I have no further comment to make at this stage.

    http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/statem…#ixzz2TzKNQTTM



  • Wow okay, not too sure about this.
    Ben has usually been on the other side of the accusations.
    (See Fortafy & friends VS T’eo brothers, google it)

    I’m going to wait for more info….



  • I am making this statement on the understanding that a television network intends to broadcast a story this evening which does not give a true account of the incident.

    What! A media outlet not reporting something accurately? I don’t believe it, they would never sensationalise a story or report untruths to sell newspapers or increase ratings. 😒

    They are a pack of maggots.

    If it was serious and he was the offender I’m sure he would be arrested and charged by now. Just remember there is always two sides to a story. It’d pay to keep an open mind.



  • Sounds like she got no satisfaction from the cops, so went running to Dunny Weedler and Nine.

    I really wish the NRL would ditch 9.



  • According to the Fox Sports Twitter page, no charges will be laid and the matter is no longer under investigation.

    I’m sure 9 will mention that in their report tonight. Maggots.



  • Wideload reckons they didn’t pay for the story, and says he showed the interview to Shane Richardson on Monday but Souths/Teo didn’t comment.



  • Headline is all wrong

    It is supposed to read "Ben Teo’s assaults people like a woman "

    She claims her great grandma could do more damage than Teo could


  • Banned

    This is a terrible shame for Teo. There’s nothing worse than being accused of such a thing. You are always considered guilty straight off the bat. I hope this woman is careful because Australia will hammer her if it turns out to all be BS as it certainly seems to be.



  • A Brisbane woman has told Nine News she was left for dead by a group of NRL players after being allegedly bashed by South Sydney’s representative forward Ben Te’o.

    The alleged attack is to have understood to have occurred in the Brisbane home of Broncos fullback Corey Norman on April 20, the day after the Australia-New Zealand rugby league Test in Canberra.

    Newcastle Knights and Queensland player Darius Boyd is also believed to have been at the home on the night of the alleged incident.

    Katie Lewis, 22, said she was sitting on a bed in a room with Boyd when Te’o tried to enter the room.

    Ms Lewis said she had her shoe in her hand and hit Te’o on the shoulder before he called her a “slut” and hit her.

    “He punched me in the face… and now I have a broken eye socket,” Ms Lewis said.

    Katie Lewis claims she was bashed by South Sydney forward Ben Te’o. (Nine News)
    Katie Lewis claims she was bashed by South Sydney forward Ben Te’o. (Nine News)

    “After I fell down and curled into a ball and he just kept hitting me.”

    Ms Lewis said she then lost consciousness and woke up “laying in a hallway with blood everywhere”.

    “I could have been dead for all they know,” she said.

    Queensland Police confirmed they were contacted over the incident but the complaint has yet to be investigated and no charged have been laid.

    Te’o has issued a statement denying any wrongdoing.

    “I have not been informed of the exact nature of the news story, however I am able to refute entirely any suggestion that I acted improperly,” the Queensland State of Origin forward said in a statement today.

    "I found myself in unfortunate circumstances that were not caused by me and I acted appropriately to deal with a difficult situation.

    "I called the police to report the incident and have the female removed from the house.

    “I have not pressed charges against the female and to the best of my knowledge no charges have been laid against me.”

    South Sydney CEO Shane Richardson fronted the media after Te’o’s statement was issued.

    “We’re not going to stand Ben down at this stage. The reality is we want to go through the due procedure with the NRL,” Richardson said.

    "We discussed with the NRL the whole situation.

    "…They (the NRL’s integrity unit) will do a thorough investigation, which they’ve already commenced.

    “Once those investigations have been completed, we’ll probably make more comment about it then.”

    Richardson said Teo informed the club of the incident the day after the event, the club not having had any contact from police.

    The incident is being investigated by the NRL’s recently established integrity unit.

    Ms Lewis said she didn’t want to ruin Teo’s career but wanted him to be held accountable for his actions.

    Te’o has been a key player for South Sydney since joining the club from the Brisbane Broncos this year.

    He was a part of Queensland’s history-making State of Origin side, what won seven consecutive series last year, and was expected to be named in the squad again.

    South Sydney currently top the NRL ladder, winning nine of their ten matches this season.

    Source: Nine News



  • the way ch9 publicised this story… t’eo will be holding this tag forever imo. what was boyd’s involvement, “allegedly” ?



  • I am in no way a fan of Te’o, but this stinks. If she were “allegedly” bashed into unconsiousness why no police investigation and no charges? But a month later she is telling all to the media? Nuh.



  • @Florrie:

    I am in no way a fan of Te’o, but this stinks. If she were “allegedly” bashed into unconsiousness why no police investigation and no charges? But a month later she is telling all to the media? Nuh.

    Because she and the media want to make some $$$$$$$$.



  • Wow these boys need to be careful.Which ever party found lying should be made an example off



  • @Florrie:

    I am in no way a fan of Te’o, but this stinks. If she were “allegedly” bashed into unconsiousness why no police investigation and no charges? But a month later she is telling all to the media? Nuh.

    Its different when its Lui though isn’t it


Log in to reply
 

Recent Topics