Qld's smokies

Team should pick itself

My smoky is Daly Cherry Evans to be picked on the bench ,used much like Cronk was when he was the imcumbent in waiting for Lockyer’s retirement

My big concern is Hodges and his dodgy hamstring and if it were to go during a game

NSW will win this year. Up the blues <3. but in my opinion if its 20-20 or whatever the score it is, because most matches will be super close, would you rather cooper cronk or Cherry-Evans out there ? i know being a NSW supporter that i would much rather Cherry-Evans. so i think waste of an interchange spot for QLD much like Gidley definitely should not be playing for NSW

Honestly I can’t really split them (Cronk and DCE) ,obviously the combinations they have with Cronk is the winner , but look at how smoothly the changeover in the Qld SOO side was when Locky left and the combination of Cronk and Thurston

Maybe thats the real difference between Qld and NSW

Qld is always looking at the future

Darius Boyd will only get a game because QLD don’t have anyone better to pick. The bloke is a waste of space. NSW will be the dominant Origin force in 3 or 4 years and for quite some time after that, they seem to definitely have the better younsters.

My side
1 Slater
2 Boyd
3 Hodges
4 Inglis
5 Tate
6 Thurston
7 Cronk
8 Shillington
9 Smith
10 Scott
11 Thaiday
12 Harrison
13 Myles

14 Gillett
15 DCE
16 McGuire
17 Davatar
18 Kennedy

1-13 as per Happy’s team with:

14. Gillett (Utility)
15. Kennedy
16. Teo
17. ???

Chris McQueen, Neville Costigan, Jacob Lilliyman & Josh McGuire all fighting for the 1 bench spot left…

@Tiger Watto:

14. Gillett (Utility)
15. Kennedy
16. Teo
17. ???

Chris McQueen, Neville Costigan, Jacob Lilliyman & Josh McGuire all fighting for the 1 bench spot left…

Neville Costigan!? Geez I must have gone to sleep in 2004 and only just woken up.

@Fade To Black:

@Tiger Watto:

14. Gillett (Utility)
15. Kennedy
16. Teo
17. ???

Neville Costigan!? Geez I must have gone to sleep in 2004 and only just woken up.

ha yeah neville costigan has been struggling to stay in the knights first grade team this year.

whilst mcqueen has potential, i think he is quite over rated at the moment. as a nsw fan, im glad qld picked him

I wouldnt knock McQueens selection he has been consistent for the last couple of years and will kill it just as many have done before him in the great maroon jersey.

wow no props on the bench? that might come to bite them in the arse me thinks

@tig_prmz:

Myles and Thaiday can step up to play prop

If you are gonna pick a utility I’d pick McQueen. He played wing for quite a while at Souths, so can cover a few places.

@tig_prmz:

agreed… I think we have thought too hard about the strengths of NSW over the past 2 years?!

@stryker:

I wouldnt knock McQueens selection he has been consistent for the last couple of years and will kill it just as many have done before him in the great maroon jersey.

see i think the last couple of years hes been consistent but not great… he is certainly below the level of bird, watmough & lewis.

@steve-o:

@stryker:

see i think the last couple of years hes been consistent but not great… he is certainly below the level of bird, watmough & lewis.

I would agree but their is a massive difference….he will be pulling on a Queensland jumper and they are not. We have proven dozens of times over the years that this little factor allows men to achieve greatness. He will go good - you watch him.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.