Humpty on Game Plan

• Humpty was grilled (well slightly sauteed ) by The Game Plan

He wouldn’t comment on Benji’s benching , but wouldn’t support Benji either

Asked about Blair and said both sides weren’t happy with him

He was asked about all the infighting at board level and said it had to change ,that we were having monetary issues and wasn’t happy the fans seemed to be abandoning the Tigers

Worst for me was he seemed to blame the fans for Balmain v Wests problems and commented " I would of hoped that 2005 would of fixed all of those issues "

Well Humpty ,if you’d got an independant board that still had a minor imput from Wests and Balmain (2 from each side and 6 members without previous prejudices ) we would be in a far better place Even Blocker said this OMG 😲

• THe big task for our club is to have a board that is 100% for Wests Tigers, but to do so we will also have to define what Wests Tigers is. The jersey, the home ground, etc

After that we can focus on cutting out the useless staff members and then finally fix our recruitment.

• Y’know, I find it absolutely amazing that people on this forum are now banging on about a united board when this forum itself is a major offender when it comes to the old Balmain vs Wests Magpies rubbish. Maybe a start would be for the supporters to actually drop the old grudges and get behind the only entity that is currently relevent in the big league ie Wests Tigers.

• @happy tiger:

Humpty was grilled (well slightly sauteed ) by The Game Plan

He was asked about all the infighting at board level and said it had to change ,that we were having monetary issues and wasn’t happy the fans seemed to be abandoning the Tigers

Worst for me was he seemed to blame the fans for Balmain v Wests problems and commented " I would of hoped that 2005 would of fixed all of those issues "

Well Humpty ,if you’d got an independant board that still had a minor imput from Wests and Balmain (2 from each side and 6 members without previous prejudices ) we would be in a far better place Even Blocker said this OMG 😲

Geez mate Im no Humpty fan, but imo you seem to have painted him in a poorer light

I dont think he ''didnt support benji" He said something like he added spark or something when he came on - tried his guts out….I was proud of him.

I dont think he said ''it seems the fans are abandoning the tigers"

…and I didnt get the impression he was blaming fans for the balmain wests stuff…he said everyone comes from somewhere and everyone has a right to be proud of that

…also said he has been thinking of stepping down for some time and didnt wanna be seen as quitting while we are down and out or words to that affect…and he think someone with a ‘‘better skillset’’ than himself would be more likely better to do a better job as CEO at WTs

• I’m a fan of restructuring the organisation to be it’s own entity known as Wests Tigers. Balmain and Wests obviously couldn’t get along and after 15 years we’re still not where we should be so time for something new.

Whilst I like the way Humpty was very open and gave honest answers, he’s left the club in all sorts of mess with contractual problems causing a huge pain on our financials.

• @innsaneink:

@happy tiger:

Geez mate Im no Humpty fan, but imo you seem to have painted him in a poorer light

I dont think he ''didnt support benji" He said something like he added spark or something when he came on - tried his guts out….I was proud of him.

…and I didnt get the impression he was blaming fans for the balmain wests stuff…he said everyone comes from somewhere and everyone has a right to be proud of that

…also said he has been thinking of stepping down for some time and didnt wanna be seen as quitting while we are down and out or words to that affect…and he think someone with a ‘‘better skillset’’ than himself would be more likely better to do a better job as CEO at WTs

This is closer to the truth. I watched it and he didnt blame the fans.

• Is replayed tomorrow around lunchtime for those who missed it and want to see it.

• He didnt give Blair a lot of support when asked about him….justifiably so

• Banned

Agreed with Blair statements.
    The board I think as we all know needs to be independent I think 1-2 from wests n balmain and that’s about it, and we can move forward as a club. With the nrl deciding where they want clubs to play.
    Alot more will happen in the next month or so. I think Benji will stay but not at the 1million a year if his on 650 now I can see them bumping him to 750 at the max.

• Banned

Yeah I agree with Ink’s take on this And whilst I’ve got little time for Humphries, being an ex Balmain fullback and all … I gotta say, that final look he gave in tonights interview … that was haunting … I actually felt quite sorry for the guy … at that very moment I kind of identified with the other side, I finally realized that this JV is never going to work. Whole bunch of jokers have tried hard to make it work yet it’s hopeless … two proud, heritage clubs and never the twain shall meet. Let’s just bust it up now, end this charade and see where the cards fall.

• @STARK:

Yeah I agree with Ink’s take on this And whilst I’ve got little time for Humphreys, being an ex Balmain fullback and all … <big>I gotta say, that final look he gave in tonights interview … that was haunting … I actually felt quite sorry for the guy … at that very moment I kind of identified with the other side</big>, I finally realized that this JV is never going to work. Whole bunch of jokers have tried hard to make it work yet it’s hopeless … two proud, heritage clubs and never the twain shall meet. Let’s just bust it up now, end this charade and see where the cards fall.

It was telling wasnt it….
    I noticed it too

A picture tells a thousand words, or in this case, an expression/body language.
    It was one of defeat

• Quotes from the Stephen Humphreys interview on the Game Plan

“It’s fair to say we are facing some significant challenges”

“I was have completing my future at Wests Tigers…I just felt it was time to step aside"

“I delayed it a little bit…I didn’t want to seen as jumping ship”

“It definitely can be fixed…the splits at board level are grossly exaggerated”

“I think it’s fair to say that things haven’t worked out as we envisaged” regarding Adam Blair

“Tim [Sheens] is still on our payroll”

“When things are going well, people forget those issues, when things are going poorly things are amplified”

• Banned

@innsaneink:

@STARK:

Yeah I agree with Ink’s take on this And whilst I’ve got little time for Humphreys, being an ex Balmain fullback and all … <big>I gotta say, that final look he gave in tonights interview … that was haunting … I actually felt quite sorry for the guy … at that very moment I kind of identified with the other side</big>, I finally realized that this JV is never going to work. Whole bunch of jokers have tried hard to make it work yet it’s hopeless … two proud, heritage clubs and never the twain shall meet. Let’s just bust it up now, end this charade and see where the cards fall.

It was telling wasnt it….
    I noticed it too

A picture tells a thousand words, or in this case, an expression/body language.
    It was one of defeat

Absolutely. Gave it his best and failed. I know that place and it’s not nice.

• @innsaneink:

@happy tiger:

The comment about how he thought winning the GF in 2005 would change things I believe was aimed at the fans in regards to The Balmain v Wests stuff

I’ve taped it and will watch again later , but that was my take because it shocked me to hear that

• Banned

I got that impression also about the fans with the 05 comment.
    Ah well lets just see what happens and hope we all have a club to support. I don’t think the nrl will let the club fold.

Recent Topics